POLL: HOW DEEP IS THE LOBO?

If you have in the past or now own a Tesoro Lobo, please select your choice and comment.

• The Lobo gets 4 inches on a buried dime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Lobo gets 5 inches on a buried dime

• The Lobo gets 6 inches on a buried dime

• The Lobo gets 8+ inches on a buried dime

• Total voters

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

DesertRat

Jun 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesero Lobo Super Traq
I've had my Lobo (with 5x10 eliptical search coil) for only two weeks and it's a great machine. I've picked up split shot from anywhere from an inch down to eight inches. Bullets, pulltabs, cans all down to about eight inches. I hunt in the desert and mountains. Went out to a Spanish site two weeks ago and found two solid silver forks buried about six inches down in the sand. I'm still learning but the confidence I have in the machine really gets me going. I'm wondering if anyone will confirm about the gold "chattering" that this machine produces when swept over fine gold mixed with black sand.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
DesertRat said:
I've had my Lobo (with 5x10 eliptical search coil) for only two weeks and it's a great machine. I've picked up split shot from anywhere from an inch down to eight inches. Bullets, pulltabs, cans all down to about eight inches. I hunt in the desert and mountains. Went out to a Spanish site two weeks ago and found two solid silver forks buried about six inches down in the sand. I'm still learning but the confidence I have in the machine really gets me going. I'm wondering if anyone will confirm about the gold "chattering" that this machine produces when swept over fine gold mixed with black sand.

Thanks for the comment, DesertRat. It's not easy to get Lobo owners to comment. I've often wondered about this model but so little is ever said that I've been reluctant to buy one. However I have noticed the used Lobo's sell for big prices on ebay.

I'm learning not to trust the online reviews but now I do more one-on-one contact with owners to find out what a machine is really like. Online some people want to "save face" but in private they'll tell you the real story.

Keep posting your experiences and if you get the chance bury a dime sometime and let us know what happens.

HH,

Badger

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I just found out by reading on another website that the LOBO's auto balance only works in the all-metal mode. I believe this is also true of the Cortes.

Keep posting LOBO owners, we want to hear from you. Let that silent group speak out here!

Badger

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Badger, it's been awhile since I played in the hotter sand for nuggets but it is super sensitive and will chatter over tiny nuggets and black sand just like a normal VLF would on larger targets very close together. It's because of this super sensitivity that many get discouraged at finding bird shot and junk. If gold is there, the machine is well up to the task of finding it. Ya gotta put your coil over it. It is also very good at locating small or LARGE meteorites which are worth more than gold per weight.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Sandman, I figured you'd know about this machine. I doubt there are many here who have your wide range of detector experience.

I've wondered about the Lobo and noticed that they bring very high prices used so I was wondering if they were some sort of coin shooter secret weapon. ;D

I've reached the point in my life that I think you reached years ago. That is, I've ceased getting all worked up over one brand and model. I use the Tejon avatar only because it works well with the Badger thing.

Tesoro, Garrett, Whites, Minelab, Fisher, etc., they all have their great detectors for specific types of hunting and personality needs.

Great to see you again Sandman.

Badger

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What should be mentioned is that while it loves low conductivity targets and gold, due no doubt to the high 17.5khz ? frequency its not to hot on larger deep targets.
It was the detector of choice for many in the U.K. for years until the XP Goldmaxx arrived.

The new version 'Wolf Trac' is just coming on the market with supposedly more depth and a better/more pleasent pinpoint tone.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
U.K. Brian said:
What should be mentioned is that while it loves low conductivity targets and gold, due no doubt to the high 17.5khz ? frequency its not to hot on larger deep targets.
It was the detector of choice for many in the U.K. for years until the XP Goldmaxx arrived.

The new version 'Wolf Trac' is just coming on the market with supposedly more depth and a better/more pleasent pinpoint tone.

What is the "Wolf Trac"? Who makes it?

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the reason why us LST owners don't make a lot performance comments is because we're too busy digging... ;D

I have dug small and large targets down to 20".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread