POLL: How long till your first GOLD find?

D

Darod

Upvote 1
Re: How long till your first GOLD find?

about 10 years. A Class Ring 14K . I started in the early 60's , bought a Whites In the Early 70's & found it shortly after. Detectors before that wern't so great.

10 years! Ouch.

How have you been doing on gold since using a more modern machine? How often do you find gold items now?

Rod

well, I found about 15 more solid gold rings (estimate) in a 25 year period with my Whites 6000-D. Then I bought a Sovereign XS-2 Pro & I'v found over 50 pieces of solid gold jewelry, etc. in the last 6 years, not counting 2004. I was skunked on Gold throughout 2004, spent my time detecting the wrong places for jewelry

AHHH,....so the next obvious question for me is, where are you hunting for gold items these days? :)

Any pointers?

Rod

you wanna Find Gold, Hit Public Swimming Pools, & Beaches. 99% of all the Gold jewelry I found came from these places. I got 1 at a High School, 1 At a 55 year old? Airline Crash site, 1 at a Bikers Party Spot, and? 2 at? public parks.

Re: POLE: How long till your first GOLD find?

Ok, another obvious question from me :)

When you say public swimming pools, do you mean concrete pools or like lakes that are public swimming areas? If your talking about the concrete swimming pools, then where abouts would you detect? I mean, it's all concrete decks? no soil?

Rod

Hey folks!

Don't just read the posts, vote in the pole at top! your name is not included in any way. It's completely anonomous.

Rod

around here, all the Public swimming pools have grassy areas. the best time to hit them is in the earl spring when their prepairing them for the Memorial day weekend when all our pools open for the season. & at lakes , any area where people swim & Lounge that you can get at, DRAINED lakes are the BEST their "GOLD MINES"

Got it.

SO, what your saying is if I can get in the water and detect I should do even better, correct? I have a Fisher 1280X that I've mentioned about 100 times on the forum. That should do pretty good for getting wet wouldn't you think?

Rod

I cant say about the 1280X, as far as (WATERPROOF ?) , but YES you get in the water where people swim, as far as you can. & you dont discriminate them out, you'r going to find gold. I'll Bet on it? ;)

Ok, I'll give it a try! All I need now is insulated waders :D

I live in Florida but it's even cold here right now!
Thanks for the info Jeff.

Rod

Happy Hunting ROD. I wish I had your Cold Weather, it's 0 here :( now THATS COLD :D ; jeff

0!
Burrr

It got up to 70 today. I was wearing a Tshirt by noon. However, the water is still cold, well.......cold to a floridian :)

Rod

Oh, I found some more clad today and in it I had a 1950 D wheatie. Didn't even notice till I got home and was washing my finds :)

Jeff,

Look at this quote from another posting I have concerning hunting schools:

Back in 98 I found a Highschool that was being resoded(F[/b]football Field). They actually took off the 1st layer and drug a interlocking chain mesh apparatus. The coins were everything . Three days of digging found me about $50 dollars and several nice pieces os jewelry. I guess the school was made if the Fifties, and I was able to find silver dimes, quarters and a bunch of Wheaties. Looking back now i wish i would have worked it with better direction and less discrimination. I was some what a newb in 98

Can you believe this guys luck! Now that's good timing! Being in the right place at the right time!

Rod

Found a 12K gold neck chain at 4" in my local City Park on about my 3rd time out using my QXT
Pro. I was digging everything. It showed as a screw cap on the machine. It was well burried under the grass next to an old wading pool that is used as basketball court now. That was two years ago & I now have a DFX with the QXT as my backup.

The neck chain is about 14 inchs long & is still my best gold find to date. I have a couple of cheap rings but my real quest in life is to find an old gold coin. I have a lot of modern coinage & interisting junk that I have dug.

I was working a small swim beach on the Columbia River a few days ago & some brave dude in a wet suit ( water temp about 48 degrees & air temp about 40 degrees & ice along the water line) had a surf pro. He found a very nice mens gold ring with 7 small diamonds in agout 3 feet of water. He earned it.
Spotz

He sure did! you got that one right :o

I guess I should start digging it all and stop worrying about those darn pesky pull tabs. Who knows, I might have already passed on some gold items and not even known it.

Patience is a virtue i guess. I must be running short on that one :)

Rod

Maby there is only 13 of us who found gold so far ???

I will agree with Jeff that all of the gold I have found has been at the beach or swimming areas around lakes. My first was a gold band at the local lake about a month after I got my first detector. I have a Water detector now so bring summer on I am ready to get wet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back