What's new

Poll on prices of fully covered hunting trips.

How much would you pay to go on a week long fully covered (meals, boarding,etc ; the only thing you

  • 0-200

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200-300

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 300-400

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 400-500

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500+

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

Bushido Dude

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
304
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just seeing what people think a decent price for a week long detecting trip would cost. I would like to go on one but am not sure how much I should pay.
 
What you're asking for, with everything included will cost more than $500 if you plan on staying in a hotel or such. Remember after a full day hunting, a good warm shower and a comfortable bed in almost a must have. I've been to a hunt for three days, paid my hotel and food and had close to $600 in it and no regrets or buyers remorse, I'd do it again in a second.
 
I take a week of vacation every year just so I can go and detector and do some prospecting. I check for hotel where I get a free breakfast. I can normally get a room for around $75 or less if you shop around. Then it depends on how far you would like to drive. I normally take off for a weekend now and then just to go detecting. And I will spent somewhere around $200 for the weekend. I don't worry about the cost just worry about having fun....Matt
 
I voted $500 but it would depend on what the accommodations were. I'd pay more if the accommodations were decent. To spend 5 nights in a tent, peeing in the woods, and eating canned beans for dinner I'd want to pay a lot less.

Frankly, I'd rather take care of my own accommodations and just pay a fee to detect a proven CW field. Let us know what you find out about pricing. I'd be interested in doing something similar if such an opportunity exists.
 
I've spent $100.00 in a day just to go recon a site. Fuel by far the biggest expense but my meals for the day, drinks, minor stuff...it all adds up.

Al
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom