Poor mans Lesche digger - great deal, lifetime warranty!

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my tool of choice when it comes to diggers. They're about $9 at Home Depot, are built like a tank, have a lifetime warranty, have a heavy serrated edge for root cutting, have a 'v' groove end I use to 'poke cut' smaller roots and can be sharpened.

http://www.fiskars.com/webapp/wcs/s...ategoryId=10284&productId=10539&page=products

I hope the link works!

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good, I got one similar from lowes 13 bucks SS and a lifetime warranty...

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for reminding me . I have had one of those, but I can't :dontknow: remember who borrowed it. :coffee2:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All Fiskars tools have a lifetime warranty, and they are all Top Notch and inexpensive. I use a Fiskars edger when I'm in the plowed fields, since it has a T-handle. Made in the USA too. :thumbsup:

-Buckles

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
I have that tool too but didn't know it had a lifetime warranty. Thanks for the tip. I did read some unfavorable reviews of the tool at one point. But I haven't had any trouble with mine yet. I also like the fact that it looks intimidating without actually being considered a "knife". I had some shady looking characters eyeing me in the park once so I made sure they saw it in my hand. :wink:

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy killed three fiskars in July and August. Sure they are warranted but you can still get tired of not having a digging tool and having to replace them. He got a Lesche. In the same area I killed my Gator. You guessed it got a Lesche. digs great.

Ed D.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born2Dtect said:
My buddy killed three fiskars in July and August. Sure they are warranted but you can still get tired of not having a digging tool and having to replace them. He got a Lesche. In the same area I killed my Gator. You guessed it got a Lesche. digs great.

Ed D.

I take it easy on my digging tools in hard or frozen ground. It's common sense. My buddy Rodeo has broken THREE Army shovels in the past year--and I have had my same digging tools (two Army shovels and a large knife) for 17 years and running.

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
I haven't tried the fiskars but have read a few reports about them snapping in half easily where the handle meets the blade. I have had an Ames true temper 7in1 (blue handle) from home depot for about a year now. Its a great digging tool (similar to fiskars and lesche) for around $14. It has served well and does a good job but I do hear a little cracking sound coming from the inside of handle when I put too much stress on it. I have since bought a lesche as I don't want to be in the middle of a good hunt when I find out what the breaking point of the Ames is. JJ

Pete in MI

Jan 24, 2007
Houghton Lake, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pinpointer, Garrett ACE 350, Whites Bullseye II pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a sturdy tool. A previous (grass cutter) digger I had snapped when I tried prying up with it. Just wasn't made to pry. I have used this one and have pryed up on lots of times to get something out of the ground and haven't had to replace it in the 2 years I have had this. Never had to cut a root yet with it. Great tool and reasonably priced.

DavyJonesLocker

Apr 26, 2010
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Hori Hori Knife,bonsai knife,digging soil knife real tough straight and serrated blades my personal best is nisaku knife(digging knife) CUTS REAL WELL IN HARD GROUND)

Attachments

• hori hori knives.jpg
    hori hori knives.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 3,727

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread