Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Donald,

Us folks have to use briars,ever try to walk through a briar patch?

God Bless

Chris

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dear Mod...I just came off a discussion that culminated in the conclusion that TN would no longer harbor threads that were blatantly political, or religious. And I was told under no uncertain terms that any thread that was not specifically treasure-hunting related, would likely be removed.

I don't see where this thread has anything to do with the focus of TN. Although the article does not specifically target any particular political viewpoint, the OP's choice of title ("Poor Rich People") seems to make a political point.
This, coupled with the fact that this thread does not have anything to do with treasure hunting, leads me to request that you provide your members with the same consideration with this thread as you did with the threads under the Second Amendment Forum.

Thanks.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why we have the forum category....."Everything Else"......you are looking for a fight you won't get. There are MD and TH subjects in vast numbers here.....go visit those....no rules and such else have been broken.....learn to control your emotion's, less someone else will.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think a moat all the way around the house would be cool ,kind of like a lazy river.

Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's why we have the forum category....."Everything Else"......you are looking for a fight you won't get. There are MD and TH subjects in vast numbers here.....go visit those....no rules and such else have been broken.....learn to control your emotion's, less someone else will.

No. It was explained to several of us this evening (apologies to those of you on the other side of the time zone) that there would be NO threads tolerated if they were political (2nd amendment) or religious if they were not directly related to treasure hunting.

The "Everything Else" forum is also subject to that decree, according to the information I currently have.

My emotions are fine, thank you.

I just request that the rules on this forum are consistently applied.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you have become a Mod. in the one month you have been a member, I might suggest you back off while you are ahead. I see nothing remotely political here!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont think an ankle deep wadding moat is going to stop too many people:sign10:Me thinks some people have a serious case of delusions of grandeur.Those moats would maybe slow down somebody thats was serious by maybe 30 seconds if that:laughing7:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Baby Needs New Shoes,I see your point,maybe the moderators will address post topic titles like this so we can all know where we stand and what is acceptable to post or not. Seems to me the topic title is meant to poke at the rich but what do I know?I guess all news topics are out then?

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look, GMD52- with respect, No I am not a mod...But I love it here. I've already made good friends. And I liked participating on political threads and threads that go into the superstitious and even religious. But I won't be cowed into submission by veiled threats..." I might suggest you back off while you are ahead."..or rule changes on this forum that seem capricious and arbitrary, bowing to the current PC culture.

I will stay on this forum as long as I see value in staying here. Sure it's only a month. So? Are you saying that if I was on here a year or 3 my points would be any more valid?

I will question things I believe are questionable with my best attempt at reasonable factual arguments. I will always do that with respect and no ad hominum.

If you are telling me that doing so will lead to my being somehow sanctioned, then so be it. I don't need to be on a forum that punishes people for questioning authority or posting facts.

Thanks,
Bruce

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baby shoes......you can do whatever you desire, but be careful of telling other's what to do, or say, this will be my last statement on this subject.....if you have a problem with that I'm sorry, but life isn't always fair!.......gary

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bruce I think those of us that post regularly here,no matter how long are wondering too just where the boundaries are.Hoping myself to get a clearer understanding.I'm a pretty cut and dried type and I think that these new rules should be better defined.

Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Baby shoes......you can do whatever you desire, but be careful of telling other's what to do, or say, this will be my last statement on this subject.....if you have a problem with that I'm sorry, but life isn't always fair!.......gary

Good advice, Gary. You might note that I never tell anyone what to do or say, and I didn't in any post in this thread. I only asked questions. I don't have a problem with anything you said.
Best,
Baby Shoes

Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, CoilyGirl. My understanding from the Mod on the other thread was basically "Whatever I decide is bad is what I will sanction". Not in those very words, but that was the best understanding I could get from what he said. I am not OK with that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread