Pop-up Lillies Are Blooming Late This Year.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In South Arkansas, these little pop-up lillies are commonly referred to as "Naked Ladies" --- no idea why.

DSCN2830.jpg

DSCN2845.jpg

For me, they are special but for a sad reason. My first daughter was born --- and died --- the day I turned 29. She never came home from the hospital. Upon our return from Little Rock, these lillies were lining our drive. Whenever I see them, they remind me of that sad time. When I consider that occasion, it makes me think of what could have been --- and the hope I have for the future.

Please don't tell me that "God needed another angel" because that would upset me. "When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone." --- James 1:13

Last edited by a moderator:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are a beautiful flower. I have a few volunteers in my yard. Naked Ladies. Now I know what to call them.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Lycoris radiata, aka, Red Magic Lilies, Red Spider Lilies, Equinox flower, Hurricane Lilies, and Ressurection Lilies. Originally from, Korea, and Nepal, introduced to Japan, and from there to the U. S. and other. Sad story, I am sorry for your loss. I can relate as a mother and, recently, as a grandmother who has experienced such loss.
I found comfort in this song. Wish I had something similar the first time. Gary wrote this song from the loss of he and his wife's stillborn baby girl, Poppy.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just looked out my window. Naked Ladies everywhere. :laughing7:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought. Maybe a sign of ''Hope'' and ''Peace of Mind'' on your way back home that day. Titus 3:7. The thought that you will see her again.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just a thought. Maybe a sign of ''Hope'' and ''Peace of Mind'' on your way back home that day. Titus 3:7. The thought that you will see her again.

Yes, it is as Paul said to Governor Felix at Acts 24:14, 15.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions