What's new

Pork & Beans Boxes (UPDATED with photograph)

Half-Hound

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
Pork & Beans Boxes (UPDATED with photograph)

I think Brinks is including one 40% coin with each of my boxes like pork & bean people include one piece of salt-pork in each can. This is how they keep CRH people like me ordering the boxes! Anyway, my last 3 or 4 have been like that. Hello to Rileyboy, and everyone else.

Half-Hound

2/11/2011 Well, it happened again! Half-Hound is still eatin' "High On The Hog." This time it was a lone 1964. But the pattern was the same: one keeper per box. Incidentally, this box had been in a bank vault for maybe 2 or 3 years - I didn't order it. The box had yellow lettering instead of the usual brown color. So I think it was an "older" box. I was a bit disappointed that it gave up only the single keeper.

Another topic, please. My last box of dimes contained (I think) 50 rolls of uncirculated 2010 D coins. These are rolled in paper, all enders are new 2010 coins, and I opened one roll to verify that every coin was uncirculated 2010 D. Is it worth keeping any of these?

Hello to everyone, Half-Hound.
 

Attachments

  • LITE 1964 Can Of Pork & Beans.webp
    LITE 1964 Can Of Pork & Beans.webp
    104.1 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0
Re: Pork & Beans Boxes

I think you are on to something here Half-Hound, they add just a sprinkle of the good stuff to keep us ordering those boxes and reaping those profits...fees paid for by the banks of course! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Re: Pork & Beans Boxes

LOL! I'm looking for the big cans with a whole ham-hock! :laughing7:
 
Re: Pork & Beans Boxes

Half-Hound,
It seems the same way where I am. Get a box and there's only one or two keepers. I think it's just coincidence. Things will change. Just have to be patient. It's out there for the finding. Trust me!
rileyboy
 
Re: Pork & Beans Boxes

Half-Hound;
It's been the same for me (also in Southern California) recently. If the box isn't a skunk, it only has a single, lonely 40%er.
- Grizz
 
Re: Pork & Beans Boxes

Someone needs to send the quality control my area. The pork department has left out that little cube of nasty meat the past 26 out of 30 cans. I would gladly trade you cans.
 
Re: Pork & Beans Boxes

i agree, altho alot of the time mine is left out too! hahaha...keep it up and hh!
 
Re: Pork & Beans Boxes

please tell me where they stalk the pre-salted boxes, I would go to 20 boxes a week if I knew that I was guaranteed one per box, even if the guarantee was no more than 1!!
Better than what I am going through now!! 5 of 6 boxes are skunks.
 
Re: Pork & Beans Boxes

I once thought something like that could be possible, but not now. Most banks (at least where I am) say they pay Brinks a flat rate for service. If this is true, Brinks is not going to like having to haul more boxes/dumps, and it will if anything hurt their bottom line. If the banks pay per box ordered, then the opposite is true.

There will always be a need for coin/cash couriers as long as there is a fed reserve that needs a liason between it and its member banks (basically any bank or credit union). So even if CRHing disappeared, the couriers would still be doing well I believe.

Jim
 
Re: Pork & Beans Boxes (UPDATED with photograph)

Message has been updated
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom