What's new

Possible 1943 over 1942 + 3/1/10 finds

p2c

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Hi all,
I did get out today. Initially I was torn about posting since my finds weren't too outstanding, but also it was the muddiest day I've hunted this year, so then I thought about posting. I found another 1943 -P war nickel (Silver #4 for '10) and 6 wheaties (19, 23, 39, 40, 42, 46-d). When I was cleaning the Nickel, It looks like I might have an overdate! Look and see if I am whack or not on this one. The 43/42 -P is one of the hardest overdates to see.
43 over 2?.webp
Most Favorable shot
43 over 2? b.webp
What I am looking at
52774d1248015696-1943over2_5ccloseup.webp
Example

Today's finds
3_1_10.webp
3_1_10A.webp
 
Wtg Jon
You might be right on that one....from the pics I've seen on line and your coin they do look very close....
 
Nice find Jon, keep on pulling'em out of the mud. All I got yesterday was mud.
 
Jon,
Good find! I hope it turns out as an overdate.
Sure looks like it could be.

Makton
 
WOW!! That does look like the real deal. . . nice :thumbsup:
 
Looks like the real deal to me too. Congrats on the war nick! And the wheaties!

Joe
 
Sorry I don't see it (3/2), looks like grease was still on the die when it was stamped. The extra blotches on the coin from your pix.
 

Attachments

  • 43_over_2_.webp
    43_over_2_.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 446
I just noticed that the photo I was commenting on was the control example and not your coin. I thought Kermit was nuts for denying the authenticity of the overstamp, until I realzed it WAS an overstamp...just not yours.

OK, yeah, I don't think your coin is a overstamp.
Joe
 
CONGRATS ON SOME GREAT FINDS!
 
Nice find! I would love to find a silver nickel.
 
Nice score on the war nick! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom