OP
OP
K

kool361

Nov 19, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
Oopps, trying to do to many things at once. Here you go.

Attachments

• Old-house.jpg
    Old-house.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 3,072

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's definitely a building of some sort and worth checking out. First, however, I would check some old topos or landowner maps to see if anything is shown in that spot.

Good luck!

garyf

Jul 10, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70
I don't see it. It just looks like a big yellow push pin to me. Let us know what you find.

OP
OP
K

kool361

Nov 19, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
In response to garyf, if you look closely just below the push pin there is a red square. This looks to me to be a roof. I was trying to see if there was anything that could resemble a driveway.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I believe it's a structure, maybe two. All the green pine trees with surrounding hardwood trees would lead me to believe that there was a field but the pines have taken over. It may not be available for that area but try maps.live on the same spot and if the "birds eye view" tab is on, click it and you might be able to get a clear close up.

OP
OP
K

kool361

Nov 19, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
So I went on live maps and got the birds eye view and it looks like the structure is no longer there. The ground doesn't look as if it has been disturbed by anything like machinery but it certainly looks like something was there. If anyone is interested in checking it out its in Poolesville, Maryland off of Budd Road. I figured I might as well share the location I made the mistake of telling my wife about it and she gets all scared that I might get hurt if I go out there even though I tell her I wouldn't go there by myself. Anyway here is the birdseye view of it.

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 11,760

garyf

Jul 10, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70
Okay. Now I see what you're talking about. But there doesn't appear to be any evidence of a road, lane, driveway or path leading to it. Take your wife with you and check it out.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Its an old building and just through the woods maybe 150 feet is another little square building...there is also a pump in the backyard

OP
OP
K

kool361

Nov 19, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
The birds eye view posted from eathabs was great. They must have updated there views because I wasn't getting that great of a shot in birdseye. Thank you all for the help in identifying this I am going to try this Saturday to check it out providing I can get someone to go with me. I don't want to run into Jason the axe murderer out there.

OP
OP
K

kool361

Nov 19, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
Oh and thanks JG_in_NC for the website. I have been trying to find a site like that.

jgowans

Sep 19, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Glad to help. Notice the actual house was closer to the road. The building you see today was more than likely a barn or tractor shed. I tried to locate a property listing site, but it looks like Maryland has a different external program for viewing those.

It is neat to see the land was bare back in the 70's then trees cover the area later.
Good luck and happy hunting.
JG

OP
OP
K

kool361

Nov 19, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
After talking about Metal Detecting at my job to some coworkers I've recruited someone who wants to try it. I will have to say part of the fun is the research and I learn alot more about the history in my community.

OP
OP
K

kool361

Nov 19, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
I went by the property a couple of weeks back and you can just barely see the structure through the trees. There were also No trespassing signs everywhere. I have not researched it anymore to find out who owns it. I am not really sure how I can find out short of going to the neighbors house and asking.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be a shed for a big still or a MJ processing place since there are no roads going in. Be really careful!
Monty

OP
OP
K

kool361

Nov 19, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
Yeah good point. I am not going to go in there by myself and I will find out who owns the property first. The thing about the town though is there are alot of county police officers who live there but there are also alot of how can I say this politely Hillbillies or maybe closer to the point white trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread