What's new

Possible Arrowhead Found Today

teddyrobo

Jr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2009
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, today I was walking along a sandbar in the Kansas River and I came across a rock that was oddly shaped. Upon further inspection I believe I've found an arrowhead. I've always wanted to find one but never been able. There are signs that this is an arrowhead such as serrated edges and one smooth surface which makes me think this was knapped from a core. I'm quite the amateur so I'm hoping a more experienced hunter could help me. Thank you =)
 

Attachments

  • arrowhead 1.webp
    arrowhead 1.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 322
  • arrowhead7.webp
    arrowhead7.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 306
  • arrowhead6.webp
    arrowhead6.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 310
  • arrowhead5.webp
    arrowhead5.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 305
  • arrowhead4.webp
    arrowhead4.webp
    15 KB · Views: 310
  • arrowhead3.webp
    arrowhead3.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 326
  • arrowhead2.webp
    arrowhead2.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 309
nice find. it may have been a tool of some sort possibly for scrapping fat from hides? keep your eyes to the dirt, their out there. at first i found none than i found 50 and then i found a 3 and 3/4 inch fluted clovis, and sold it on ebay for 2100.00 like a fool
 
Upvote 0
I would of sold out for that price! I do not know much in this area either though. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
many arrowheads can be found within 1/2 mile of mouth of larger creeks where meet the rivers. travel upcreek from river to avoid looking in muddy water. :-X
 
Upvote 0
It's amazing you say that because where I found this little guy yesterday was about 200 yards from where a tributary goes into the larger Kansas River. So go to these areas and look downstream? Thank you for the help! =)
 
Upvote 0
yes if possible start at the river and work your way up stream. so as to not cloud up the water. also any washed out ditches or plowed fields near large creeks.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom