What's new

Possible Bannerstone or Pipe Piece

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be honest I'm not even positive it's either but I'm reasonably sure that it is native. Blue slate. Your thoughts would be appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20181112_1614527.webp
    IMG_20181112_1614527.webp
    222 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20181112_1614572.webp
    IMG_20181112_1614572.webp
    188.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20181112_1630019.webp
    IMG_20181112_1630019.webp
    168.8 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0
Hmmm I have no clue but hope somebody else knows cause I’m curious it’s neat whatever it is , at first I thought maybe a leg to a bowl but that’s not it
 
You need to give us some history on this piece, and where it was found...........
 
I’ve seen some similar historic pipes from the Iroquois/League of Five Nations period, usually in Quebec. But I don’t recall ever seeing one made of stone, usually earthenware/pottery. Are you up that way? (Or maybe NY, NB, NS.)
 
I’ve seen some similar historic pipes from the Iroquois/League of Five Nations period, usually in Quebec. But I don’t recall ever seeing one made of stone, usually earthenware/pottery. Are you up that way? (Or maybe NY, NB, NS.)

Actually yes...I'm in NS!
 
You need to give us some history on this piece, and where it was found...........

It was found in a farmed field in NS yesterday afternoon. Plenty of historic activity in the area including Mi'kMaq who traded well with the early French.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom