Possible CLub in Berks(Oley area)

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met with my Administrative Pastor on Monday to discuss the possibilities of having a club use our Church's facilities for a stand alone metal detecting club. There would be no problem with this. We also discussed a ministry related option(separate thing starting from within the Church first). I am deciding whether to pursue one, or both options right now.

I have seen other posts on here related to starting a club in this area of Berks(Oley Valley) is there still interest and can I get a roll call of those interested? This is for the stand alone club using the Church facilities.

The church is right on Route 73 in Oley so centrally located and easy to get to for most of the surrounding area.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i'd be into it depending on my schedule (daughter started softball again). what do you have in mind at these meetings? general detecting chit chat or organizing future hunts? monthly meetings? fill me in on some ideas ya have

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little of both, I don't necessarily need to be an officer in it once we get a group of people together(if it works) that can be figured out, I would take a look at and call some other clubs to get an idea of that kind of stuff. I would think just once a month. Jeff's club seems to be well run and functioning well I will most likely bend his ear a bit.

But another thing we discussed was the Church sponsoring(holding) a competition hunt to try and bring the community in and then get a feel for what kind of interest there may be.

dmac730

Nov 10, 2007
Reading, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
count me in. I would enjoy organized and researched historical site digs such as the Buzzard gang caches and other local lore.

mikecar007

Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm not really sure on location of the church though can't be more than 30 mins from me, I would be interested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread