What's new

Possible DDO Error In My 1978 D Nickel?

ChicagoCubsWS

Greenie
Joined
May 31, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
While searching my rolls of nickels, I think I found an error.

If you can see it, in the one nickel, it is normal. But going to the next one, the numbers/letters are double the size.

Please let me know what you think.

Adam
 

Attachments

  • Reg. Nickel.webp
    Reg. Nickel.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 4,090
  • Nickel DDO.webp
    Nickel DDO.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 4,126
  • scan0047.webp
    scan0047.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 3,688
  • scan0044.webp
    scan0044.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 2,702
  • Reg. Nickel.webp
    Reg. Nickel.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 3,713
  • Nickel DDO.webp
    Nickel DDO.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 3,828
  • scan0047.webp
    scan0047.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 3,690
  • scan0044.webp
    scan0044.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,099
Upvote 0
double struck
 
some folks do collect error coins the more profound the error the more its worth generally -- yours is a error coin --but most likely not huge bucks -- but worth a bit more than 5 cents for sure. :icon_thumright:
 
I don't believe it is "double struck". I think it is die fatigue which causes the lettering to spread, making them appear larger. No added value, sorry. Keep Looking! :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom