What's new

Possible mano/metate or hammerstone?

Malus

Greenie
Joined
Jul 29, 2019
Messages
14
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These were found on the shore of a point on a lake along what was once a highly used portage route in New Brunswick. The two pieces were found within about 5 feet of each other amongst mostly larger red sandstone. The "mano/hammerstone" I feel relatively confident is something, the metate I think could be a geofact. The forum shrunk the first two pics where I'm holding the mano vertically so that it looks round, but it is actually oval shaped. I'll include the link below those pics so they can be seen without distortion. I would like to hear what more educated folks think of what I've found. Thanks!

Mn11ZPl.jpg


fnEfE6F.jpg


WurV1wi.jpg


tE2DsX6.jpg


3OPNvMC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3OPNvMC.jpg

a2JDxSi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/a2JDxSi.jpg

Vn3Bc7a.jpg


85wfRJW.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Looks like it to me also. Nice stuff. These things are iffy sometimes, depending on how long they were used.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom