Possible War Nickel Error? ***Pictures***

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone. I just pulled this nickel out of a roll and I noticed it has a groove before the dome on the monticello and the dome looks almost cut in half. To me, this does not look like PMD. Maybe a grease filled die? Let me know what you all think. Thanks.

HH,
Cody.

P.S. I know the pictures are huge, but I thought it would be easier to see the error. Especially on the 2nd picture.

Attachments

• IMG_2343.JPG
    IMG_2343.JPG
    610 KB · Views: 1,364
  • IMG_2344.JPG
    IMG_2344.JPG
    662.1 KB · Views: 1,379
  • IMG_2345.JPG
    IMG_2345.JPG
    714 KB · Views: 1,458
Upvote 0
i dont know about the error. but its silver! nice find error or not someone should chime in with more info then i have to offer

HH

AGBlex said:
i dont know about the error. but its silver! nice find error or not someone should chime in with more info then i have to offer

HH

You're right, error or not, I do LOVE war nickels :]

It's hard to tell with such large pictures, but it looks like it's either a lamination error or PMD.

Looks like an error to me. Just not the right look for PMD

So should I even bother trying to get a premium on it? Or should I just throw it in with the other junk silver?

In that condition it's junk silver. Probably a lamination error of that size is only going to carry a premium over a similar grade war nick in XF-AU or better, and generally it's not a big one even then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back