What's new

possible wax seal?

hishergarrett

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
31
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
barnwell,sc
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATpro
Recently I found this item in an old house site.The white part appears to be glass and has a brass ring around it that has some gilt left on it.It looks like a crescent moon and a dot.The "moon" has facets on it when light reflects from it.I also found the back portion of a two-piece button also.Can anyone help with identifying this?Thanks.(I put a dime besde it for size comparison)
 

Attachments

  • front.webp
    front.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 298
  • back.webp
    back.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 275
  • sizecompare.webp
    sizecompare.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 267
Thats what I would say it was. Neat find.
 
Upvote 0
The crescent moon could be a Masonic symbol.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Looks to be a ring face less the ring for ones finger
brady
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom