What's new

Possibly a colonial relic

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
2,603
Reaction score
806
Golden Thread
2
Location
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if its a pin or broach or none of the above, But the style and writing look similar to examples Ive found in the American Revolution relic collectors encyclopedia. I'm very interested to see what you guys think any idea what it says, Any idea on age? Do you think its a crown at the top? Thanks coop
 

Attachments

  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    164.4 KB · Views: 333
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    135.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    131.2 KB · Views: 324
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    125.5 KB · Views: 315
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 314
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    149.9 KB · Views: 333
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    72.3 KB · Views: 306
Looks like a brooch... someone's initials most likely.

The outer circle looks like a "leather belt with buckle" motif... a common symbol in certain designs.

No clue on age.
 
Upvote 0
Am I just making images up or do I see "GAR" making it a Grand Army of the Revolution pin?

Daryl
 

Attachments

  • GAR.webp
    GAR.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
Am I just making images up or do I see "GAR" making it a Grand Army of the Revolution pin?

Daryl
Are you thinking Grand Army of the Republic civil war era ? It does look similar.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom