What's new

Possibly a indian artifact?

Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
652
Reaction score
413
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN5767.webpDSCN5768.webpDSCN5769.webpDSCN5770.webpDSCN5771.webpDSCN5772.webpDSCN5773.webpDSCN5774.webpDSCN5775.webpDSCN5777.webpDSCN5778.webpDSCN5779.webpDSCN5780.webp
There some kind of groove at the end
 
Upvote 0
Knowing what state and where found would help. Was it from a field or a creek?
 
Pennsylvania and from a field
 
looks like a nice little head knocker
 
I believe the white lines are quartz veins, I have one very similar that I'll post later today
 
Tough piece to call without looking at it in hand. It's not heavily modified, but it's got what looks like pecking in a couple of areas.

If there are a lot of cobbles in the field, then it's probably just a cool rock. If it's not normal for the area, and you've found other relics there then it might be a quick hammerstone or even a cobble that someone collected with the intention of working the raw material into a celt or tool.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom