What's new

possibly colonial?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,683
Reaction score
43,419
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This coin shaped thingy is slightly smaller and lighter than a large cent. (See original post on Today's Finds called Interesting day).

It had a fair amount of the green patina which leads me toward copper. After some soaking I think I detect (no pun intended) a hint of detail. Before I say what I think I see, can anyone else make out anything on these pics? My eyes aren't so trustworthy.

Any guesses as to what it is would just be even more helpful.

The 2 pics showing the rust colored spots is one side of the coin, the rest are the other.

Let me know if a different angle would help.

Thanks!

HH!
 

Attachments

  • CLEANUP1A.webp
    CLEANUP1A.webp
    132.1 KB · Views: 155
  • CLEANUP1B.webp
    CLEANUP1B.webp
    126.5 KB · Views: 119
  • CLEANUP1.webp
    CLEANUP1.webp
    104.1 KB · Views: 111
  • CLEANUP2A.webp
    CLEANUP2A.webp
    112.2 KB · Views: 112
  • CLEANUP2.webp
    CLEANUP2.webp
    84.7 KB · Views: 114
yes may be colonial-but the thing is shot out ,best thing is to get back to the spot & dig some more !
 
Upvote 0
yes may be colonial-but the thing is shot out ,best thing is to get back to the spot & dig some more !

Oh, that is already in the plans. Count on that, but does anyone see what looks like some detail right around 5 o-clock on the coin. Lower right? I see something there that looks like smoke stack shapes, (for want of a better term).

Thanks!

HH!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom