Possibly Found Fort Christmas?…:

BennyBoom

Dec 10, 2022
Doing some research on Fort Christmas which is about 30 minutes from me and according to the site, they are saying the actual Fort is about a mile North somewhere in the woods. I’m wondering if this weird circle of trees or whatever this is could possible be where the fort was?…anyone have an opinion on this? The first pic, at the bottom is the new marker where the museum is at. The top circle is the projected area I believe to be the where abouts of it. Either way, I’m on my way now to head out there and do some detecting if anyone wants to join

Attachments

• 7A8298F6-1528-4D14-A3AE-E560B9F4EC32.jpeg
    7A8298F6-1528-4D14-A3AE-E560B9F4EC32.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 58
  • A32A50B6-7922-493F-AAAD-990D353F4A7D.jpeg
    A32A50B6-7922-493F-AAAD-990D353F4A7D.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 58

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is there any topography to the area? I would assume a fort would be built on a hill or something if there was one.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing now that this is in Florida my questions about topography are retracted haha.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Doing some research on Fort Christmas which is about 30 minutes from me and according to the site, they are saying the actual Fort is about a mile North somewhere in the woods. I’m wondering if this weird circle of trees or whatever this is could possible be where the fort was?…anyone have an opinion on this? The first pic, at the bottom is the new marker where the museum is at. The top circle is the projected area I believe to be the where abouts of it. Either way, I’m on my way now to head out there and do some detecting if anyone wants to join
Might want to look into the ownership of this parcel for permission.

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 9.29.56 AM.png

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting…guess I’ll make some calls when I get out there. I’m sure there should be some signs up somewhere. Thanks for looking out!
It's a big parcel of land, 95% forest so it's not a manicured piece either.
Best of luck

OP
OP
B

BennyBoom

Dec 10, 2022
You've apparently never been to Florida. My house is over 100' above sea level. There are hills very near me twice that high!
I see you’re in Bayport. Do you ever get out to any of the keys or islands over there to metal detect? If you ever want a hunting buddy, just let me know. I’ll make the drive. I rarely get to that side of the coast because I’m so close to Vero and whatnot. Would love to get over there near all of the real pirate treasure & history to do some hunting

Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you’re in Bayport. Do you ever get out to any of the keys or islands over there to metal detect? If you ever want a hunting buddy, just let me know. I’ll make the drive. I rarely get to that side of the coast because I’m so close to Vero and whatnot. Would love to get over there near all of the real pirate treasure & history to do some hunting
Yes, I got a couple spots I'm working. I'm waiting on a new outboard, so right now I'm land bound. Funny, I love going over to Vero area more!

OP
OP
B

BennyBoom

Dec 10, 2022
Yes, I got a couple spots I'm working. I'm waiting on a new outboard, so right now I'm land bound. Funny, I love going over to Vero area more!
Man, I’m so sick of Vero 😂 All I ever hit is fishing trash. I have an Equinox 700 too and I thought my luck would change but nope lol so I’m done until a hurricane comes. I’m trying to hit up places that I’ve never been to now in central Florida. When you get your out board, let me know. I’ll help you out with gas.

Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I’m so sick of Vero 😂 All I ever hit is fishing trash. I have an Equinox 700 too and I thought my luck would change but nope lol so I’m done until a hurricane comes. I’m trying to hit up places that I’ve never been to now in central Florida. When you get your out board, let me know. I’ll help you out with gas.
You got it. I should have it in the next couple of weeks.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the land you are talking about is inside the Charles Bronson Wildlife Recreational Area so all laws and rules for state and county recreational areas would apply, no shovels, only hand diggers, also it is legal hunting area so wear orange if it is hunting season and I would not mention searching for Ft Christmas since any artifacts found would actually belong to the state if found in the Charles Bronson Wildlife Recreational Area.

OP
OP
B

BennyBoom

Dec 10, 2022
I think the land you are talking about is inside the Charles Bronson Wildlife Recreational Area so all laws and rules for state and county recreational areas would apply, no shovels, only hand diggers, also it is legal hunting area so wear orange if it is hunting season and I would not mention searching for Ft Christmas since any artifacts found would actually belong to the state if found in the Charles Bronson Wildlife Recreational Area.
Yeah i went into the Bronson area and headed near Joshua creek as the research I’ve done said the fort was built near a creek and there is only 2 of them. But Joshua creek is on the Crane property so I don’t think it’ll be possible to get over there. But Christmas creek should be fine so I’ll most likely hit that up next week. Detected for about 3-4 hours though and didn’t get a single hit. Which is good since it means modern people haven’t been back there to trash it all up.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah i went into the Bronson area and headed near Joshua creek as the research I’ve done said the fort was built near a creek and there is only 2 of them. But Joshua creek is on the Crane property so I don’t think it’ll be possible to get over there. But Christmas creek should be fine so I’ll most likely hit that up next week. Detected for about 3-4 hours though and didn’t get a single hit. Which is good since it means modern people haven’t been back there to trash it all up.

At the least there should be spent Shells from hunters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread