ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly silver? Age ? What it's from ? Any help would greatly be appreciated

1461458185174-270795455.jpg1461458234180-513025084.jpg Found this hunting today in an old empty lot.. It was filthy filthy when I pulled it. Tried to clean it with a toothbrush and Palmolive and nothing. Rubbed baking soda on it and it became visable. Any ideas of the age? I was thinking of a vintage adult costume possibly a piece of a uniform what you all think?

Upvote 4
Judging by the size I'm guessing collar brass or some type of pin. Obviously not a badge. A badge would be a lot larger.

Hi; Yours is a Tin Special Police Officers Badge from the 1950's or 1960's. Value : $5 after cleaning it ok. PEACE:RONB

Congrats on the cool badge find. I agree it's not silver and more than likely a toy badge.

Ryan, Loco is correct, it is a cast toy badge, probably from the 1950's-60's. Notice that the number "69" is cast into the badge, meaning they made them all in that number. The badge in the photo provided by Mackaydon is a real Special Police badge, with cut out applied numbers and the actual "NY" in the die. Always cool to find any kind of badge! Sub 8-)

Usually a good sign if you're finding toys from the 50's... I'd go back to that lot and grid it, low and sloooowwww :metaldetector:

Not silver but a bit fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back