Post 4th beach hunt finds.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the beach in Vero yesterday. Way too crowded. I guess this kayak and paddleboard out to the sunken steamer is an annual thing. 20230704_082457[1].jpg
So I figured this crowd should produce a few drops. Either I was wrong, or just really not good at this detecting thing. I only found a few things. So I'll just share even fewer. You've seen enough the usual junk.
I found an extraordinarily nice cell phone, a Samsung S20. After charging it up I was able to turn it on but not open it. Found the owner by calling the ICE number, which did not require access. He is a happy camper tonight since it was his business phone, and it is on it's way to him in another state already.
20230705_163444.jpg 20230705_163606.jpg
Found a cheap sparkler.
20230705_151343.jpg
And a coin I did not know existed. It's a memorial penny honoring the the father of metal detecting in America. It depicts Abe Lincoln sitting on a log and studying the 1.11 version manual with his Nokta Legend at his feet. Really cool find.
20230705_183951.jpg 20230705_184042.jpg
Hope you all had a great Independence Day.

Upvote 24

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the beach in Vero yesterday. Way too crowded. I guess this kayak and paddleboard out to the sunken steamer is an annual thing. View attachment 2092213
So I figured this crowd should produce a few drops. Either I was wrong, or just really not good at this detecting thing. I only found a few things. So I'll just share even fewer. You've seen enough the usual junk.
I found an extraordinarily nice cell phone, a Samsung S20. After charging it up I was able to turn it on but not open it. Found the owner by calling the ICE number, which did not require access. He is a happy camper tonight since it was his business phone, and it is on it's way to him in another state already.
View attachment 2092217 View attachment 2092218
Found a cheap sparkler.
View attachment 2092219
And a coin I did not know existed. It's a memorial penny honoring the the father of metal detecting in America. It depicts Abe Lincoln sitting on a log and studying the 1.11 version manual with his Nokta Legend at his feet. Really cool find.
View attachment 2092220 View attachment 2092221
Hope you all had a great Independence Day.
Very Cool!!! Good Job on the return!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
Sandog

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I charged the phone it started right up, and several calls came in, so I knew it was a good one. When I packed it up to mail I found that I could not turn it off. I have the same set of controls on mine and I can power it off without it being accessed by finger print or pass code, not this one. This was a concern because I thought perhaps it might cause the USPS a problem if a package suddenly started ringing. These days things happen. I took it to a cellphone repair shop and they were unable to power off also. The final solution was to pull the SIM card, thereby making it impossible to receive calls even though the phone was still powered up. Good to know solution just in case.

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool penny! I thought the same thing, hey he's got a detector at his side! Ha

Good job with the phone return. You know what they say...what goes around comes around! Karma points increased

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done !
The Lincoln Cent you found is part of a series they minted for one year showing different events in Lincoln's lifetime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread