Post anything artifact related

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Kinda slow in here today and this week. So anything goes post whatever you would like just as long as its artifact related. It’s not a beauty contest. So I’m going to share the only thing I have found in a week. It’s a creek find and is a mid section of a point or blade and it still has the stain on it so it’s ugly. But I was happy to find something after seeing a few million rocks. Material is a quartzite with some red which I would assume it was heated.

Attachments

• IMG_3727.jpeg
    IMG_3727.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 2

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since you asked haha, first one some brokes, and a weird rock, super smooth sitting right on top of a site with artifacts… probably nothing. That’s all I got the last several weeks. Got a big rain on the way hopefully it moves some dirt this afternoon and I’ll have more to show tomorrow. That is if the rain breaks like it’s supposed to and I can get out before the next work week starts
IMG_9851.jpeg

and then some flaked tools I overlooked when I was looking through flakes to find some examples of material. From a rock overhang locked in the dirt so no chatter. Either cutters or abandoned tools
IMG_9852.jpeg
IMG_9853.jpeg
IMG_9854.jpeg
IMG_9855.jpeg
IMG_9856.jpeg
IMG_9857.jpeg
IMG_9858.jpeg

Last edited:

Mortenson

Jun 11, 2020
Illinois
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently learned on here what an Edgefield scraper is. Last year I found this guy, and wonder if it's one. I don't think it is, but rather a broken hopewell that was reshaped a little? Pink flint - maybe heat treat Burlington?

20230601_151334.jpg

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I recently learned on here what an Edgefield scraper is. Last year I found this guy, and wonder if it's one. I don't think it is, but rather a broken hopewell that was reshaped a little? Pink flint - maybe heat treat Burlington?

View attachment 2145942
It depends on the left side if it’s been worked down or is snapped. Has the right shape for one.

Mortenson

Jun 11, 2020
Illinois
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It depends on the left side if it’s been worked down or is snapped. Has the right shape for one.
This is unreal. Exact same place as where I found that thing last yr my son just pulled out what I think actually is a bonafide Edgefield scraper, straight out of the couple standing water. Pics coming...

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SE Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I might've been a little quick on the draw. It was pretty muddy. Anyway, not really sure what it is. Kinda a clunker but it's unique and severely beveled. Feels good in the hand!

View attachment 2146268 View attachment 2146269
Looks well used; probably was once much longer. My 1st impression maybe a big sandy (don't take that to the bank; I'm not the best at typing them 🙂).

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023

Mortenson

Jun 11, 2020
Illinois
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks antmike915 and CreekSide. We have found a few big Sandy's so they're definitely around. The boys were ecstatic. Chris literally found it in the first minute. Then we trudged through the mud with 5 lb boots for another 90 minutes and came up empty handed. The rocks and flint were definitely popping though after 3" of rain on a worked field.

20240429_155850.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread