What's new

Posted this elsewhere, not many replies. All help appreciated.

ramjet2187

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
926
Reaction score
141
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Going on a trip in a couple of weeks, want to try to beach hunt. Will be staying at Orange Beach. Read on another post that it might be illegal to beach hunt in Alabama. Any credibility to that?

All replies welcome.

Thanks

Roger
 
Upvote 0
Sorry to only be able to give you my opinion and from looking at felinePeachy's site reference.

Doesn't look like any specific prohibitions..except for "sensitive" historical or archeological locations.

The legalese about state parks is a generic prohibition that I've seen here in California too but have never been stopped or questioned.

My opinion then is to not worry unless you see a specific "NO METAL DETECTING HERE" sign. And those are very rare.

Of course as usual anywhere..
o FILL IN YOUR HOLES
o CARRY OUT THE TRASH
o BE INCONSPICUOUS
o BE COURTEOUS

HH Joe
 
I agree with Feline* that you should be OK if you follow the advice given. I have detected all over Florida and Georgia and have never had a problem. Stay in the areas that people sun bath down to the water and be respectful of the sea oats and other visitors and you should be fine.
 
I have hunted Orange Beach...no problems. Enjoy you vacation.
 
Thanks everyone. I didn't want to show up down there, and not be able to dig. Haven't hunted a beach in years, I mostly CW relic hunt.

Again, thanks for all the help.

Roger
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom