Posting in "Non - Treasure Related Stuff For Sale /Wanted" Forum??

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Can a non-Charter Member make a post for a Wanted Item in the "Non - Treasure Related Stuff For Sale /Wanted" Forum? I really need something for a metal detector of mine and cannot locate it anywhere else and thought that maybe a Charter Member that sells here on TNnet might have it. I don't want to violate the rules but believe that this could benefit a Charter Member and don't see how it would violate the rules since I am not selling anything!

Thanks!

Frank

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem...post it!

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried to post a new Thread for the item wanted but it seems that there is no "Post a New Thread" link available, at least to me. Can you tell me waht the problem is?

Frank

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any can post a "wanted to buy" ad, only Charter Members can sell items requested....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to post a new Thread for the item wanted but it seems that there is no "Post a New Thread" link available, at least to me. Can you tell me waht the problem is?

Frank

can you post under treasure-related-stuff-wanted ?

Treasure Related Stuff Wanted

if not.... Ask in General Discussion.

then send me an PM and let me know.
and I'll try and move it in for you.

or is ther a particular reason you want it in
[h=2]"Non - Treasure Related Stuff For Sale /Wanted" Forum??[/h]
I could try & move it there but if it is for your detector it is Treasure Related

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
can you post under treasure-related-stuff-wanted ?

Treasure Related Stuff Wanted

if not.... Ask in General Discussion.

then send me an PM and let me know.
and I'll try and move it in for you.

or is ther a particular reason you want it in
[h=2]"Non - Treasure Related Stuff For Sale /Wanted" Forum??[/h]
I could try & move it there but if it is for your detector it is Treasure Related

I did not know that I could post a "Want to Buy" Ad in the other Classified forums and just thought that this (Non - Treasure Related Stuff For Sale /Wanted Forum) was the only place such an Ad would be allowed. The Ad is just for the upper rod/shaft for a White's 6000 Di Series 2 MD. In any case, there is no link showing to post a new Thread in the "Non - Treasure Related Stuff For Sale /Wanted" Forum! Shouldn't there be one?

Thanks!

Frank

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Any can post a "wanted to buy" ad, only Charter Members can sell items requested....

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Thanks for the information!

Frank

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang! I went to the "Treasure Related Stuff For Sale" Forum and even there, there is no link to post a new Thread. What is up? I have not made any changes to my settings, so it must be a problem elsewhere!

Frank

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
The heading for that section is Charter Member Classifieds. I'm not a charter member either and I also do not have a button to make a new post. I suspect this is just how it is for everyone who is not a paying member.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250

Treasure Hunter if that's the case then something is broken. There is no button for us non members to start a new thread under ANY classified categories.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter if that's the case then something is broken. There is no button for us non members to start a new thread under ANY classified categories.

your best bet then is to post your wanted ads in General Discussion.

as I said, If you let know after via PM, I will be happy to move them in the Classifieds,
Or you can just take your chances there & if it gets reported, I will move it in then :tongue3:

this way it will still be impossible for non charter members to Sell in the classifieds,
and be deleted as Spam when they try elsewhere

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not know that I could post a "Want to Buy" Ad in the other Classified forums and just thought that this (Non - Treasure Related Stuff For Sale /Wanted Forum) was the only place such an Ad would be allowed. The Ad is just for the upper rod/shaft for a White's 6000 Di Series 2 MD. In any case, there is no link showing to post a new Thread in the "Non - Treasure Related Stuff For Sale /Wanted" Forum! Shouldn't there be one?

Thanks!

Frank

Probably not, because non charter members would be able to post For sale ads in the "Non - Treasure Related Stuff For Sale /Wanted" Forum! also.

I will make a Request to open Treasure Related Stuff Wanted to all,
But no idea when or If it will happen

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
jeff of pa,

While I did not see a link earlier for posting in the "Treasure Related Stuff Wanted" Forum, I just went there and the link was there! Thanks for the help! I was able to make the post of a new Thread for the parts I need.

Frank

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember only CM can sell, any non cm posts will be deleted....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread