What's new

Potential Ancient Chambers Detected – Community Insights Needed”

eneez

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 31, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Hello everyone,

During a geophysical survey conducted by a third party, my team received data indicating an interesting subsurface structure that appears to have architectural features, possibly suggesting a historic building or cultic site with multiple chambers.

The scans indicate that at a depth of approximately 10–15 meters, there may be conductive materials, potentially including metallic objects.

Since the terrain is very large, uneven, and difficult to access (steep and partially muddy), I am looking for a way to get the most accurate overview possible of potential target areas before any further investigation.

I have looked into OKM devices, particularly for their 3D ground scanning and deep detection capabilities. However, I have also read mixed reviews and experiences online regarding their accuracy and reliability.

My questions to the community are:


  • Does anyone have practical experience with OKM devices (e.g., Rover C4 or eXp 6000) for exploring deeper structures based on third-party scan data?
  • In your opinion, is the investment worthwhile for such operations?
  • Are there alternative solutions suitable for larger areas and depths of around 10–15 meters, possibly with UAV support?


I would greatly appreciate any serious advice or firsthand experiences – feel free to message me privately if you can provide more detailed insights.





Thank you in advance and best regards!🙂
 
The biggest treasures OKM detectorrs finds are found in your bank account.
Fair point – that’s what I was worried about. If OKM is just marketing, what alternatives would you actually recommend for detecting deeper structures or cavities in the 10–15 m range?
 
Ground pentrating radarbis probably best bet, but when you are talking 10-15 meters you are talking 10s of thousands with no guarantee what it sees isn't natural.

The Nokra Invenio is good but it will not go much below 8 meters if even that deep.

10-15 meters is 30-45 feet, what are you going to use to dig and shore up sides?
 
Ground pentrating radarbis probably best bet, but when you are talking 10-15 meters you are talking 10s of thousands with no guarantee what it sees isn't natural.

The Nokra Invenio is good but it will not go much below 8 meters if even that deep.

10-15 meters is 30-45 feet, what are you going to use to dig and shore up sides?
We have several Hilti machines and other tools. We already reached a depth of 7 meters with them. At this point, without the right detector it’s a waste of time to dig blindly. The only thing we currently need is a detector, since digging will be less of a problem – we have several experienced people in that area.
 
Hello everyone,

During a geophysical survey conducted by a third party, my team received data indicating an interesting subsurface structure that appears to have architectural features, possibly suggesting a historic building or cultic site with multiple chambers.

The scans indicate that at a depth of approximately 10–15 meters, there may be conductive materials, potentially including metallic objects.

Since the terrain is very large, uneven, and difficult to access (steep and partially muddy), I am looking for a way to get the most accurate overview possible of potential target areas before any further investigation.

I have looked into OKM devices, particularly for their 3D ground scanning and deep detection capabilities. However, I have also read mixed reviews and experiences online regarding their accuracy and reliability.

My questions to the community are:


  • Does anyone have practical experience with OKM devices (e.g., Rover C4 or eXp 6000) for exploring deeper structures based on third-party scan data?
  • In your opinion, is the investment worthwhile for such operations?
  • Are there alternative solutions suitable for larger areas and depths of around 10–15 meters, possibly with UAV support?


I would greatly appreciate any serious advice or firsthand experiences – feel free to message me privately if you can provide more detailed insights.





Thank you in advance and best regards!🙂
How did they do the first paragraph when it was so 3rd paragraph.
Meaning what equipment/device was used when the 3rd paragraph is stated.
 
How did they do the first paragraph when it was so 3rd paragraph.
Meaning what equipment/device was used when the 3rd paragraph is stated.
Unfortunately, I cannot provide exact details about the machine that was used, as I am currently abroad. The detector itself was unreliable and practically useless. However, in this area several symbols and objects clearly indicate that there may once have been a temple here, since similar finds have been made in this region multiple times before.
 
Hi everyone,


It’s hard to believe that it’s been almost a year since my first post on this forum. I wanted to give you all a little update.


I was on site again earlier this year, and I have to say, it’s much more complicated than I initially thought. The terrain is extremely steep, which makes getting around and investigating the area quite difficult.


However, based on a few boreholes and some other indications, I suspect that the actual treasure may be located at around 7 metres underground. There was apparently an entrance at some point, but it seems to have been blocked by landslides over the years.


So right now, I’m trying to figure out where the original entrance might have been and how to identify it from the terrain.


Has anyone here dealt with similar situations or have experience locating old entrances that have been buried or blocked by landslides? I’d really appreciate any advice, ideas, or suggestions on what signs I should be looking for.


If it helps, I can also share some photos of the site and the terrain.


Thanks in advance, and it’s great to be back!
 
I wonder if some satellite overlay would be helpful that eliminates trees etc to reveal 3D images of the ground which might lead you to the best prospect for an entrance.
 
Hi everyone,


It’s hard to believe that it’s been almost a year since my first post on this forum. I wanted to give you all a little update.


I was on site again earlier this year, and I have to say, it’s much more complicated than I initially thought. The terrain is extremely steep, which makes getting around and investigating the area quite difficult.


However, based on a few boreholes and some other indications, I suspect that the actual treasure may be located at around 7 metres underground. There was apparently an entrance at some point, but it seems to have been blocked by landslides over the years.


So right now, I’m trying to figure out where the original entrance might have been and how to identify it from the terrain.


Has anyone here dealt with similar situations or have experience locating old entrances that have been buried or blocked by landslides? I’d really appreciate any advice, ideas, or suggestions on what signs I should be looking for.


If it helps, I can also share some photos of the site and the terrain.


Thanks in advance, and it’s great to be back!
About 9 years ago, I handled GPR to map the crypts of the Asunción Church in Melilla (Spanish enclave in North Africa). We could clearly make out the shapes of the corridors and vaults underneath the nave of the church. So we would probably be able to help you better if you posted your scans of the vault.

As for the entrance to the vault, if you cannot find the remains of the original access point, just select a spot where the surface ground is closest to the vault's roof and start digging. We had to break through the floor of the church to get to the crypt, because the original entrance had caved in and been paved over.

Edit: there remains the problem of shoring up the soil around the access point, to keep it from caving in. Use whatever type of beam and/or mesh your qualified operators deem best. We didn't have that problem because we just stepped into the main crypt by breaking the roof of a side burial vault.
 
Last edited:
I wonder if some satellite overlay would be helpful that eliminates trees etc to reveal 3D images of the ground which might lead you to the best prospect for an entrance.
That could definitely be helpful, especially since the area is covered with hazelnut trees, which makes it quite difficult to get a clear view of the terrain from the ground or from standard aerial imagery.


There was also a rock on site that had been sculpted in the shape of a turtle. According to what we understood, it was intended as a marker pointing towards the treasure or the entrance. Unfortunately, we moved the rock ourselves because, at the time, we didn’t understand its significance and didn’t have enough knowledge about these kinds of markers.


Looking back, that was obviously a mistake.
 
About 9 years ago, I handled GPR to map the crypts of the Asunción Church in Melilla (Spanish enclave in North Africa). We could clearly make out the shapes of the corridors and vaults underneath the nave of the church. So we would probably be able to help you better if you posted your scans of the vault.

As for the entrance to the vault, if you cannot find the remains of the original access point, just select a spot where the surface ground is closest to the vault's roof and start digging. We had to break through the floor of the church to get to the crypt, because the original entrance had caved in and been paved over.

Edit: there remains the problem of shoring up the soil around the access point, to keep it from caving in. Use whatever type of beam and/or mesh your qualified operators deem best. We didn't have that problem because we just stepped into the main crypt by breaking the roof of a side burial vault.
We actually tried approaching it from above as well. At the beginning, we believed we had identified the location of the treasure chamber and started digging down from the surface. However, that turned out to be a dead end, mainly because we simply didn’t have enough information about the ground and the actual layout beneath it.


Looking back, I think we were working too much from assumptions rather than having a proper map of what is actually underneath the terrain.


Given how steep and difficult the terrain is, is there a particular type of equipment you would recommend for surveying an area like this?
 
We actually tried approaching it from above as well. At the beginning, we believed we had identified the location of the treasure chamber and started digging down from the surface. However, that turned out to be a dead end, mainly because we simply didn’t have enough information about the ground and the actual layout beneath it.


Looking back, I think we were working too much from assumptions rather than having a proper map of what is actually underneath the terrain.


Given how steep and difficult the terrain is, is there a particular type of equipment you would recommend for surveying an area like this?
Use Ground Penetrating Radar with a 350 Mhz to 400 Mhz antenna. Pair it with Electrical Resistivity Tomography if the soil is wet or has a high presence of clay. That's how you detect stone walls and cavities with maximum accuracy, even under difficult conditions.

As for specific GPR and ERT devices, it's been a long time since I last handled them. Afraid I can't give you any advice on that.

PS best of luck with your search! Here in Spain, the government has no resources to properly excavate promising sites, but God forbid if detectorists and amateurs give it a try. You are looking at a minimum of €150,000 in fines.
 
What country are you in. Contact 99thpercentile he is on this forum he can give you some help super nice guy he has helped me a lot.
 
What country are you in. Contact 99thpercentile he is on this forum he can give you some help super nice guy he has helped me a lot.
İ can share the country via DM with you if needed, also thanks for the tip! How do İ add ?
 
I was on site again earlier this year, and I have to say, it’s much more complicated than I initially thought. The terrain is extremely steep, which makes getting around and investigating the area quite difficult.


However, based on a few boreholes and some other indications, I suspect that the actual treasure may be located at around 7 metres underground. There was apparently an entrance at some point, but it seems to have been blocked by landslides over the years.


If it helps, I can also share some photos of the site and the terrain.
If the terrain is extremely steep yet you state that a few boreholes were done. You give a depth of 7 meters underground. How were these bore holes done?

Photos of the terrain would be really helpful so the readership can see what you are actually referring to in regards to the topography.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom