What's new

Pottery help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Are these pieces of pottery old? Found them sitting on the ground today. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2032.webp
    IMG_2032.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2051.webp
    IMG_2051.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2032.webp
    IMG_2032.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_2050.webp
    IMG_2050.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2051.webp
    IMG_2051.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2052.webp
    IMG_2052.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2053.webp
    IMG_2053.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2054.webp
    IMG_2054.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 210
The last two look like clay planting pots as shown in this pic. I have also seen painted pots. Were they all found together?
 

Attachments

  • pots.webp
    pots.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 225
Upvote 0
Scattered in the same area.
 
Upvote 0
Probably pieces to planters. The broken edges are rounded so I'm guessing they have been broken for a decade or two. I've found similar pieces on my property that I know are not from us, I estimate these pieces are around forty to fifty years old.
 
Upvote 0
I'm still trying to learn pottery but my guesses-

yellowware

stoneware

redware

terra cotta

Circa late 19thC to mid 20thC. The last one does appear to be a planter. The others may be too but they also could be household pottery.
 
Upvote 0
  • Here are my 5:
    • Earthenware 1860s-Turn of Century
    • Glazed Crock Pottery 1860s-Turn of Century
    • Terra Cotta ?
    • Terra Cotta Modern
    • Terra Cotta Modern

All are approximate since they are small pieces, and it's really hard to tell exactly from what they came. Terra Cotta has been around since dirt, so it's hard to say whether the first TC is old or new, but the last 2 TC's look modern.

G, what are all the coins? Is that one day's haul for you? WOW, nice finds! Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Can you put an age range on any of them?
 
Upvote 0
Your last picture looks like a piece of ridge cap. Ludowici made roof tiles for 130 years. They used square brass nails years ago and copper nails today to hold the roof tiles in place.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom