What's new

Pottery/spittoon ID needed

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This spittoon has been around for a while being traced back to KX TN. 100+ years. Apparently this spittoon sat under a Prominent Judges desk for spitting tobacco. I guess? :dontknow: It was given to Maggies mother who works for the Judges in TN. The opposite side of the photo with the man is a woman. What I'd like to find out is,
1. The Age
2. Who made the piece.


Thanks! HHHH
 

Attachments

  • DSC00012.webp
    DSC00012.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC00013.webp
    DSC00013.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC00014.webp
    DSC00014.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC00015.webp
    DSC00015.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC00016.webp
    DSC00016.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 178
I wonder who had the job of emptying it :o
 
Upvote 0
Google "Bennington spittoon"
 
Upvote 0
Mojjaxx with the killer ID. :) HOW did you find it? :dontknow:

And, Upon reading threads about "spittoons" I didn't realize that they made ladies spittoon's for the female tobacco chewers! :icon_queen:
 
Upvote 0
:hello: I just snapped this one for y'all. Yes, the colors are here in the mountains...Lovely eh?
 

Attachments

  • DSC00018.webp
    DSC00018.webp
    100.4 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC00017.webp
    DSC00017.webp
    67.1 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC00019.webp
    DSC00019.webp
    106.2 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC00020.webp
    DSC00020.webp
    64.1 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC00021.webp
    DSC00021.webp
    68.9 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom