Pottery

GatorBoy, Here's another picture that should be from the same era that you are looking for. When we bring it to the surface, I'll post better pictures.

94096.png

That looks like a positive I.D. on that one. Thank you for the photos.
Are you using a submersible?

That looks like a positive I.D. on that one. Thank you for the photos.
Are you using a submersible?
Yes, we are using an ROV. Got some interesting pictures. Some things are easy to ID and others are just speculation until the objects on are deck.:goldbar:

Please keep me in the loop as you make recoveries.
Can you give any info on the area your working? Just generally.

Gator, I agree with your date range on the stamped pottery. I'm sure you are well aware of this....but the 1618 San Martin that went down near the Corrigan's 1715 wreck was traveling with another vessel which has never been found. I believe the other vessel wrecked a good bit south of the San Martin. Not sure where you found the 1622 pottery but if it is on the East coast it could be from the missing 1618 vessel. Just a thought...I thought I had found her once but the site was riddled with 3 centuries worth of artifacts and I could never make sense of it. I want to get back there someday.

Thank you for that confirmation.
That sure sounds familiar.

Last edited:
I found some early ceramic similar to that at an old settlement site near St. Augustine. Also, a few pieces of mangled pewter. Many years after digging there, another found a complete second spanish occupation musket marked with ornate brass. I have held the musket and hope someday, will be allowed a photo of it as it is a crucial to the historical countenance of the digs.

Very interesting digger.
I would love to see that photo.
I'm quite a bit south of there on the East Coast.
South of the green cabbin wreck.

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with Cory Malcom in Archaeology at the Mel Fisher museum.
I have an email with photos of the stamped rim along with a very interesting lead seal on the way to him.
I will post his responce when I get it. Great guy... very helpful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back