What's new

POWDER FLASK WITH EAGLE, AND SOME SILVERS TO BOOT.

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend has been asking me to come detect his property for about 6months now. So I had some time and thought what the hell. The farm house was built in the late 1700s.
Anyway I spent about 2hours there, found a barber quarter a merk a IH, and some buffs and wheats.
But the best and coolest find was this powder flask, I believe its a repo? It has made in Italy on it.
I gave them everything I found ,his wife runs in and starts scrubbing the flask, lol she brings it back out almost all shiny. She tells me wow this thing cleaned up great!! Lol
I said yea, now its worthless, you took all the age right off it!!lol.
Enjoy the pics.
George
 

Attachments

  • 1436727903479.webp
    1436727903479.webp
    64.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 1436727920002.webp
    1436727920002.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 1436727932322.webp
    1436727932322.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 1436727946603.webp
    1436727946603.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 46
Oh Nooo. That sounds like something my wife would do. Great finds though.
 
Super find! It looks like the real thing to me. Love day's like that.
 
Well done Vino. Nice digs.:notworthy:
 
cool stuff, that flask is neat repro or not!
good job giving it all to your buddy!
 
cool stuff, that flask is neat repro or not!
good job giving it all to your buddy!

Thanks Chris, not sure if tt is ?
Its marked made in ITALY?
 
Really cool powder flask but I would guess that it is a modern reproduction. Most period (mid 1800's) powder flask that are dug after 150 years in the ground are split in half and pretty well flattened. Also being stamped Italy would likely put it being a later production. Regardless it is a really nice find.
 
Still a cool flask:occasion14:
 
Even cleaned that flask is a very special find.I wish I could have a day finding just a third of your haul.
 
Really cool powder flask but I would guess that it is a modern reproduction. Most period (mid 1800's) powder flask that are dug after 150 years in the ground are split in half and pretty well flattened. Also being stamped Italy would likely put it being a later production. Regardless it is a really nice find.

Yep repo, they were made after the civil war, around turn of the century.
Glad it was not Flattened!!
 
LOOK HERE VINO I SEE YOU ARE AT IT AGAIN. AND THE POWDER FLASK LOOKS REAL SO WONT YOU QUIT FAEIGN . THAT FLASK IS REALLY NICE.
 
I think you did a fantastic dig. Will you get to keep anything else you find? You have a wonderful site if you keep it up
 
All reasonably new items today makes me think the ground at that 1750's house was disturbed or filled? Did you see any evidence of that? Anyway, great flask. The cool factor of that find is off the charts. Also, nice silvers, and good to see they made it home. I hear you toss all of your 20th century silver out the window on your way home...lol

Nice job bud

Steve
 
I think you did a fantastic dig. Will you get to keep anything else you find? You have a wonderful site if you keep it up

Thanks king, oh if there is something I really want ill just tell them so.
They are long time friends..
It was fun just seeing them get all excited over a barber quarter!
Sort of like that SCRAPPY DOES..LOL
 
All reasonably new items today makes me think the ground at that 1750's house was disturbed or filled? Did you see any evidence of that? Anyway, great flask. The cool factor of that find is off the charts. Also, nice silvers, and good to see they made it home. I hear you toss all of your 20th century silver out the window on your way home...lol

Nice job bud

Steve

Yep, theres fill all over the place..
Im saving all them silver, so when we hunt together, i can throw them all over for you so i can get the deep old stuff! !! Lol
 
Nice finds - that flask must have been a real heart-stopper.

Very nice of you to give your finds back to the owner (I'd have to think a little bit before handing that Barber quarter over :) )

Congrats on another nice hunt.
 
George - I'll leave the decision on authenticity of your powder flask to the experts, but regardless it's an awesome find. Never seen one dug intact like that complete with the brass head. Nice going buddy!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom