What's new

POWDER FLASK WITH EAGLE, AND SOME SILVERS TO BOOT.

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend has been asking me to come detect his property for about 6months now. So I had some time and thought what the hell. The farm house was built in the late 1700s.
Anyway I spent about 2hours there, found a barber quarter a merk a IH, and some buffs and wheats.
But the best and coolest find was this powder flask, I believe its a repo? It has made in Italy on it.
I gave them everything I found ,his wife runs in and starts scrubbing the flask, lol she brings it back out almost all shiny. She tells me wow this thing cleaned up great!! Lol
I said yea, now its worthless, you took all the age right off it!!lol.
Enjoy the pics.
George
 

Attachments

  • 1436727903479.webp
    1436727903479.webp
    64.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 1436727920002.webp
    1436727920002.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 1436727932322.webp
    1436727932322.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 1436727946603.webp
    1436727946603.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 46
Still a damn good find!
 
George - I'll leave the decision on authenticity of your powder flask to the experts, but regardless it's an awesome find. Never seen one dug intact like that complete with the brass head. Nice going buddy!

Thanks Bill.
I really like it also..
The condition is awsome..
Its not civil war, made after..
 
Yep, theres fill all over the place..
Im saving all them silver, so when we hunt together, i can throw them all over for you so i can get the deep old stuff! !! Lol

Oh that's not cocky or anything lol

Jk, Mr 8 reale
lol
 
Oh that's not cocky or anything lol

Jk, Mr 8 reale
lol

Ok mr, pistareen/ french colonial copper/ half cent/ Barber half!!!!!!!
 
Ok mr, pistareen/ french colonial copper/ half cent/ Barber half!!!!!!!

thanks buddy, im honored coming from you, my meager finds will never catch up to yours!
 
Now that was a great days hunt!
 
Great job buddy, no matter what my wife said!!
 
That flask is freakin cool! Like the others have said, even as a repro its a very neat find. Too bad about the lady "cleaning" it. I don't let anybody touch my finds fresh outta the dirt...I have learned the hard way lol.
 
Nice. :thumbsup:
Wish I had friends asking me to come detect their property.
 
thanks buddy, im honored coming from you, my meager finds will never catch up to yours!

Stop kissing George's arse. With 9 detectors you would find just as much as him. He has a contraption he wears when nobody is looking that he mounts 4 detectors in a 360-degree pattern. With all the rest of his gear and camera he looks like Robocop
 
Stop kissing George's arse. With 9 detectors you would find just as much as him. He has a contraption he wears when nobody is looking that he mounts 4 detectors in a 360-degree pattern. With all the rest of his gear and camera he looks like Robocop

Lol I have to kiss a little arse are you aware of him contributing to my best ever find! Lol he's swell:tongue3:
 
Nice finds Vino. The powder flask is very cool. All the good stuff comes from Italy. Best of luck to you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom