Power withdrawals and public land

daydreamer

Dec 22, 2005
CHICO- Northern California
Detector(s) used
anything handy
;D
When looking at a land use map and trying to ascertain the legal areas to prospect some of the hot spots seem to be in "power withdrawn" areas set aside for water companies and PG&E. When those areas cross into national forest what does that mean? Can I still remove minerals? Does it mean I cannot stake a claim( I think it does), and can I still dredge there as long as I am in the waterway and not wandering over private property? Should I just go and prospect any way and not bother with claims or does the water company have some kind of oppressive eminint domain that would keep people from even using the water way?
Why does the water company have the privilege of putting up gates on these areas and locking them off? Should not the land be used by many groups?

Tired of hazy laws and padlocks.

Attachments

• IM000151.JPG
    IM000151.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 276
Upvote 0

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Stay away from claimed land. If the power withdrawl is on public land you can mine it. If you want to Claim the land you have a little more paper work to do. BLM will give you more answers. That river looks good...Art

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Hey what happens when you see a bear sniffing the air on his hind legs? That's my only worry when facing mother nature.And I'm planning on going soon.
Rd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread