What's new

pre-82s

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pre-82's

hello, i'm going to spend another CRH'ing season with pennies because they provide more fun per roll then halfs which havn't been good to me.

My question is what to do with all the coppers i find. i want to sell them for at least 2x the value....should i plop them on ebay or what?

btw, my first box of the season yielded about 7 wheats, 1949 canadian, and two dimes (see the profit it already rolling in 8) )

HH
-GC
 
Upvote 0
Re: pre-82's

I keep all the coppers. I Also run a Reydale pennie sorter sorting out the coppers at 320 coins a min.
I cant get enough pennies Im running $1,500 a week.

Happy hunting,
CC
 
Re: pre-82's

Where do you get the TIME to run $1,500 per week? I ran $700 in the past week, but that was because it is a new toy and my wife let me play with it longer than normal. I'm sure next weekend I"ll get no such special dispensation. During week days I run 2 - 4 boxes a day. Say an average of $60 a day. Times 5. That's only $300. If I can then do $200 on the weekend, I figure that's about max. Max. $500. I expect to run about $250 per week once I settle into a rythym. Just not enough TIME ot run $1,500 a week. Wow!

You must be single. LOL. Yeah, I remember those days! ;-)

(But I have other advantages by being married, so it averages out) :-D
 
Re: pre-82's

Yep Im single and live at home.....I also Partnered with my dad ....The more we sort the more money we make ;D

So Its an adiction lol My Machine Is running almost all the time.


Happy Sorting,
CC
 
Re: pre-82's

I do 8-10 Boxes a day.. I have Boxes ordered in and I buy all the penny bags off the counters around here from like 6 banks.

Happy Sorting,
CC
 
Re: pre-82's

So noone addressed his original question. What do you do with the ones you find? How to you sell them?
 
Re: pre-82's

Sorry LOL...
They can Be sold on ebay for 2.5 cents each currently.
Im saving them till they sale for 5 cents or more.

Happy Hunting,
CC
 
Re: pre-82's

GC, when you decide to sell them on e"pray", watch your fees. Ebay has raised just about all of their fees and if you don't calculate them in, you can find yourself on the losing end of an auction.
If you haven't played ebay's game, THEY get you for listing fees, photos,reserve auction fees, final value fees, and then if you take Pay Pal, you will pay again. If you can hold onto them for a year, I think the public's anticipation of the 100th anniversary(2009) of the penny will help drive up the price of the pennies.Cheers, Jim
 
Re: pre-82's

coolpix9 said:
GC, when you decide to sell them on e"pray", watch your fees. Ebay has raised just about all of their fees and if you don't calculate them in, you can find yourself on the losing end of an auction.
If you haven't played ebay's game, THEY get you for listing fees, photos,reserve auction fees, final value fees, and then if you take Pay Pal, you will pay again. If you can hold onto them for a year, I think the public's anticipation of the 100th anniversary(2009) of the penny will help drive up the price of the pennies.Cheers, Jim

i have never sold anything on ebay..maybe i'l wait till its more profitable

HH
-GC
 
Re: pre-82's

coincollector101 said:
I do 8-10 Boxes a day.. I have Boxes ordered in and I buy all the penny bags off the counters around here from like 6 banks.

Happy Sorting,
CC

You make me cringe - that's a lot of coins! How many coppers and how many wheats do you find every day?
 
Re: pre-82's

Lol tim,
I don't even keep Track its to much work on top of sorting,
100-200 wheats + a day the other day I found 1350 wheats That Blue my mind, the Other 1/8th of the bag is almost full I hope someone comes in with pennies to cash in. I also Sort out about 10 rolls of copper a day at work.
It Beats just sitting there doing nothing though Hand sorting sucks......

Happy Hunting,
CC
 
Re: pre-82's

That is an insane amount of pennies. I live in a condo, so I would imagine that my neigbhors would complain about he noise all day. What is the volume level when running the Ryedale.

Don't know why I ask cause I can't get banks to order me coins consistantly anyway. :D

HH.
 
Re: pre-82's

Sheldius said:
That is an insane amount of pennies. I live in a condo, so I would imagine that my neigbhors would complain about he noise all day. What is the volume level when running the Ryedale.

Don't know why I ask cause I can't get banks to order me coins consistantly anyway. :D

HH.

Hey Sheldius,
What do you mean by volume level? How fast it sorts??
It sorts 320 coins per min.
So in a hour I can Sort 7.68 boxes Give or take if I have jams or Well Cant get pennies into the machine quick enough!!!LOL

Happy Hunting,
CC
 
Re: pre-82's

i think he was talking about the noise level. is the machine loud when you are sorting cents?
 
Re: pre-82's

is it even legel to melt these yet. what are some of the plans to get rid of em beside ebay????????????????
 
Re: pre-82's

1) Yes it is still illegal to melt them at this time.

2) Ebay is a GOOD spot to get rid of them, since you can get about $120 for $50 in copper pennies. That's $70 profit on about 5 hours of work.

and

3) But I"m not planning on selling any yet. I"m going to add and wait until the 100 year anniversary of the penny. When it gets some exposure, I bet people hear about the copper content and the copper ones go up some. Maybe to $200 per $50 bag of coppers? That makes the 5 hours of work even more valauble. I can hold them until then. And if the price only rises to $150 per $50 bag, so be it. Still probably going to be higher than today though, and also they will be scarcer, as people start taking them from circulation. So I'm holding.

:-)

John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom