Pretty cool picture

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• TIRE TREE1.jpg
    TIRE TREE1.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 780
  • TIRE TREE 2.jpg
    TIRE TREE 2.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 787
Upvote 0
All say, Up here people put old gun barells in the crotch of a :thumbsup: trees.

If there was only one I'd call it a tired tree, two makes it retired...

I stay up all night thinking these up you know.

I'm thinking that bell you found today at the house site was the ringer on an old phone, maybe post a pic and see if someone can call it.

Very punny, eh?

Cool pic. I wonder if it is a magician's trick.......

Keep safe...

What came first the tire or the tree??

cool pic...

NJ

N.J.THer said:

cool pic...

NJ

I was wondering the same thing about this tire... ;D

Attachments

• 75110361_1fe4fed34d.jpg
    75110361_1fe4fed34d.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 439
Neat picture! It's amazing how fast nature recovers from our efforts to alter it.

HH

Neil in West Jersey said:
N.J.THer said:

cool pic...

NJ

I was wondering the same thing about this tire... ;D

One of the younger kids in my office informed me they call these types of girls - Muffin Tops. They wear their pants so tight that everything hangs over the top like a muffin. That actually made me laugh.

I'm almost forty so I can relate to this tree. He was just a little sapling with his whole life in front of him then one day he wakes up as a tree thirty years later and his midsection has a tire or two around it.
NJ

Hmm that is weird, im wondering if they were dropped there like that and over time a tree grew up through it? If not you'd either have to put it over the top of the tree, or cut them and glue them back.

Trust me, these tires were not pulled over the top. I could'nt get the whole tree in the pic, but is a decent size tree and would be impossible to get these tires around it because it V's off pretty good. they've been laying there since this was a working farm. It's a forest preserve now and has been for many deacades. There was also a rockpile there probably put there after plowing by the farmer and a bunch of bottles.

I was wondering where I parked my motorcycle....

I guess mother nature will always reclaim any man made items it is just a matter of time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back