pretty fricken cool!!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this while catching up on Asmbandits videos today.

Seems that once you click on a foreign language prospecting video you can come across some pretty cool real world stuff.

Your not gonna be ordering from the McKeene catalog.

I have a small shaker deck that I've been mind chewing an idea for a hydraulicly actuated "shake".

I want my shaking and pumping from one motor and as few moving parts as possible.

I of course would like a small trommel that could be ran off of water. I've been thinking of water wheels etc.

Well, check out Lapland. And a nifty "Pelton Turbine" driven Trommelish Majigger (actual Finnish words)

Brief glimpse in the back ground of their pit and run area.

Don't know what he's saying . But, since he's a gold miner I'm asuming he's cussing or gripeing :laughing7:

I youtube mine some pretty cool videos I don't see here.. Should we start a "cool" gold video thread?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That looks like a stainless washing machine drum. If it is it brings a new meaning to such a concept.

Bejay

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are some interesting pelton wheel powered contraptions featured in those finnish videos, as well as all sorts of home made sluices and long tom like things. I like how they are often sound tracked with death metal, an interesting change of pace from the old timey saloon music. I have a trommel project that's slowly moving along, I was thinking about using a pelton wheel to spin the barrel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread