Prickers and mowed fields finds

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Many of you have already read how Dan, Don, Nate and I spent our Saturday hunting a “ghost town”. Well in the ride out and back we had plenty of time to discuss future places to hunt. One such place that we discussed was this old school(pic below). We have found some good stuff here but most of the property was rendered unhuntable when they built the new school on the same site. Anyway we told Dan what we found there and basically told him we don’t hunt the place anymore. To which he replies incredulously “You found a Barber, A Standing Liberty, Mercs, ….and you stopped hunting there!!?” This was still ringing in my ears when we took to a quick Sunday night hunt. Low and behold within 20 minutes I had a merc. ;D It wasn't very deep either. Found some wheats too. :)

Other relics are from our hunt in the prickers – suspender buckle, old key, deer slug, back of a pocket watch, cuff link, small watch, whatzit, etc.

One cool thing was the Terminal Tower token. The Terminal Tower in Cleveland opened in 1928 and remained the tallest building in the world outside of New York City until 1967.

Bob

Attachments

• School.jpg
    School.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 504
  • 1918merc.jpg
    1918merc.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 505
  • Relics1.jpg
    Relics1.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 510
  • Relics2.jpg
    Relics2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 504
  • Terminal Tower Token.jpg
    Terminal Tower Token.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 497
  • Bottles.jpg
    Bottles.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 501
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob,
Great post & pictures. Some neat relics you got there. I remember going to school in a building like that in Indiana. Back in the days when a 70 year old teacher had no problem keeping the class in line with her wooden paddle. I think they need to bring those paddles back into the classrooms today. ;D
Congrats,
MM

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Wow!
That sure was good advice-
Why give up on a tried and true producer?
Bet y'all hit it again!
WTG!!!

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great day for you Mirage.
You guys seem to always find something.
We have to remember what we tell everyone on the forum that no place is ever hunted out.
You proved it again!!!
:o

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I always stand up and cheer when anyone finds old coins (especially silver) on public property anymore!

Way to go! I'm inspired!

Ridley

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Bob, nice digs, love the pics. Really like the bottles!!

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Ridley said:
I always stand up and cheer when anyone finds old coins (especially silver) on public property anymore!

Way to go! I'm inspired!

Ridley

This place is so obvious that for at least a year or more we overlooked it thinking it had been "pounded". It had been hunted but not in all the spots. The treasure is still out there. :)

Bob

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Bob...you need to post a better closeup of that "wizard" roach-clip-looking gizmo you found. I'd like to find out what it really is.

Glad my suggestion led to another Merc! ;D

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
Very nice selection of coins, and goodies, Congrats on your finds
Good luck on your next hunt

Eddy

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Very cool ! As always you guys rock.......What is this in the pic?

Attachments

• Mirage Finds.jpg
    Mirage Finds.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 296

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Mirage - I've always heard the best places are the most commonly overlooked (your own backyard).

Excellent finds and thanks for sharing.....

-HH/NS

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
gypsyheart said:

The four of us put our heads together and came up blank. :D I'll get another pic of it. It says "wizard" on it. It has like a "roach" clip on the end but the clip swivels freely. Also hinged on the end that got cut off in the pic.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Those are some healthy finds for sure Mirage. Nice looking old site to. Take it as it comes. We can't complain right.

Were always finding some kind of treasure weather it's newer or older. I'd right get some than none right lol. It adds up over time. Those days are over were you could find bulks of old coins more often.

HH Jer

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Mirage said:
gypsyheart said:

The four of us put our heads together and came up blank. :D I'll get another pic of it. It says "wizard" on it. It has like a "roach" clip on the end but the clip swivels freely. Also hinged on the end that got cut off in the pic.

Nice finds as usual!

Is the aformentioned article the end off a skirt/pants hanger? they have very similar free spinning clips. Is that a hole where the hanging hook could go? Just a thought.

Have fun,
Salvager

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread