watercolor
Silver Member
- Joined
- Feb 3, 2007
- Messages
- 4,116
- Reaction score
- 1,352
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Arlington Heights, IL
- Detector(s) used
- V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
It was such a nice afternoon so I went out for a short hunt in the woods near the camp.
I put on the small 4x6 coil in hopes that it would slow me down. . . which it did. . . and it also
helped isolate a few new targets that I had passed over during the last two hunts.
After about ten minutes, I got an "iffy" nickel signal so I scraped away a 2-inch layer of leaves,
re-scanned the area, and there was a solid tone. After digging down about 4-inches, I probed
the pile of dirt outside the hole and there was my first "V-Nickel" of the season. . . a 1901
The rest of the afternoon was not as exciting. . . just a few spoons, an old tire valve stem,
a buckle of some sort, and half of a Princess Pat Rouge tin. . .

Thanks for looking!
watercolor
I put on the small 4x6 coil in hopes that it would slow me down. . . which it did. . . and it also
helped isolate a few new targets that I had passed over during the last two hunts.
After about ten minutes, I got an "iffy" nickel signal so I scraped away a 2-inch layer of leaves,
re-scanned the area, and there was a solid tone. After digging down about 4-inches, I probed
the pile of dirt outside the hole and there was my first "V-Nickel" of the season. . . a 1901

The rest of the afternoon was not as exciting. . . just a few spoons, an old tire valve stem,
a buckle of some sort, and half of a Princess Pat Rouge tin. . .

Thanks for looking!
watercolor







