What's new

Print Plate needs ID

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone recognize these characters ? Is it an advertisement for something ? Comics ?

the signature at the bottom looks like "ZUDDUTH"
 

Attachments

  • Picture 001.webp
    Picture 001.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 338
  • Picture 002 (2).webp
    Picture 002 (2).webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 346
  • Picture 003.webp
    Picture 003.webp
    48 KB · Views: 339
  • Picture 004 (3).webp
    Picture 004 (3).webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 365
Rando said:
mojjax, is there anything on the back or protrusians of any type?
Nope
 
Upvote 0
Looks like I used to watch on Saturday morning cartoons as a kid in the early 70's during commercial breaks when they played schoolhouse rock and the like. I dunno.
 
Upvote 0
Note the microphone, must be fairly recent. Not sure if the quality looks to be commercial, probably folk-art, locally made, maybe for high school or college project for year book or local printing? Just a guess...
 
Upvote 0
It looks like a hat from the Revolutionary War but the microphone is out of place. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
That's one of the more wild finds I have seen posted in a while! :wav: Keep us updated if you find out anything.

Doug
 
Upvote 0
the guy on the horse is some sort on napolean kook crazy man (french)* --the mic in the hand of the "questioner" is odd too --- time must be more modern since --the bag type recorder / mic set up was not invented until more modern times.

some sort of animal "interveiwing" a french napolean nut job guy -- is my guess.

swr might have nailed this right on the head -- it appears "folk artsy" sort of the nutty kind stuff mewman sudduth made during the folk art movement.
 
Upvote 0
is the guy on the left holding a microphone?
As in, for an interview / recording?
seems like a modern plate
Brady
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
savant365 said:
Could the name be "Sudduth"? This book talks a little about Newman Sudduth (pg. 21) and sounds like the stuff he drew.

http://books.google.com/books?id=3Y...A8Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=SUDDUTH cartoon&f=false

Charlie

I believe you are right Charlie on the name being SUDDUTH and not ZUDDUTH. The writing on the plate is backwards which makes it look like a "Z", but invert it and its an "S". :thumbsup:
Is that a different name than the one SWR mentioned?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
72cheyenne said:
savant365 said:
Could the name be "Sudduth"? This book talks a little about Newman Sudduth (pg. 21) and sounds like the stuff he drew.

http://books.google.com/books?id=3Y...A8Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=SUDDUTH cartoon&f=false

Charlie

I believe you are right Charlie on the name being SUDDUTH and not ZUDDUTH. The writing on the plate is backwards which makes it look like a "Z", but invert it and its an "S". :thumbsup:
Is that a different name than the one SWR mentioned?

No, its the same one. I missed SWR's post. Nice one SWR. :thumbsup: I believe that has to be the guy.
 
Upvote 0
Yes , I guess that is an S . Thanks SWR .

For a moment I thought it might of been a Captain Crunch prototype :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom