Privy Diggers in Ft. Myers area.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I have recently relocated to the Ft. Myers area and was wondering if there are any Privy Diggers down this way. Ive done some research into some old Sanborn Maps. Doesn't look all too promising but thought I would reach out here to see if anyone digs this area. Interested in digging again as I have dug for around 16 years in Indiana. Can't seem to lose the bottle digging bug. If the glass digging doesn't pan out then I am starting to learn the beaches with my detectors. Been digging land based areas for 30 years. Let me know if there are any diggers in the area, would love to see some glass pulled from the ground down this way. Thanks Jgas

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Privies here in mid to south Florida are much shallower than up north and were replaced more often with new holes. Certainly not the age of glass you dig up north either....but there are older areas, just gotta sniff em out....and hope for local pharmacy bottles and sodas. Look forward to seeing what you find :thumbsup:

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
Privies here in mid to south Florida are much shallower than up north and were replaced more often with new holes. Certainly not the age of glass you dig up north either....but there are older areas, just gotta sniff em out....and hope for local pharmacy bottles and sodas. Look forward to seeing what you find :thumbsup:
I like that "you gotta to sniff em out"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions