alex12

Greenie
Mar 1, 2019
Lorain County
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, I don’t post often but have had this question for years. It’s pretty darn specific but like I said been wondering for years about this, would love to hear what people have to say. Of those who hunt Ohio farm fields starting say north of Mansfield through Northern Ohio how often do you find something pre-1810? I just picked Mansfield because I’m just picking a general area as a cutoff. Southern Ohio has some older roots and great areas to detect. In 7-8 years of detecting I haven’t found much pre1810 if I do it’s typically fairly roached and can barely ID it. I found a lead locket thats in great shape that someone pressed an old English coin into. I know I can hit different spots to find different things or older things but I enjoy the peace and relaxation of detecting a quiet field. I’m not asking about outliers like say there was a fort, I’m talking about your average farm field where there used to be a house or barn?

My oldest coin from a field is a toasted large cent. I have dug a 1780 Spanish Real, a Chinese cash coin (minted between the late 1600's and early 1700's), and an 1812 French 5 Francs from older permissions in town.

Would never give up my specific location but, in the 4 yrs of field hunting within the boundaries you asked, I have recovered 50+ coins pre 1810…. Don’t know my exact count but I have a case that holds 50 coins with pre 1800 coins…🤷‍♂️

Should of put my oldest is 1717 Spanish 2 reals

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back