pro pointer

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You people talk too much....LOL..Ive heard so many good things bout the pro pointer I ordered one today.My detecting partner is going to be so jealous. She is probably gonna try and sweet talk me into letting her use it,but im gonna stand firm.She is gonna have to continue to use her fisher pointer....or she can have my centec....LOL.........THANKS BART FOR THE DEAL

Dtschuler

May 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha and Delta, Garrett At Pro, Garrett pro pointer.
I love my pro pointer, would never hunt without it. Enjoy!

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two, just in case LOl

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best pinpointer you can buy...hands down!

NOVA-Hunter

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2013
Fairfax Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love mine but do yourself a favor, cut a little strip of cardboard out of the box and put it in the battery cap end before you even turn it on.

The 9 volt battery fitment could have been designed better. Drove me crazy at first how it would lose contact with terminals and make pointer all wacky.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love mine but do yourself a favor, cut a little strip of cardboard out of the box and put it in the battery cap end before you even turn it on.

The 9 volt battery fitment could have been designed better. Drove me crazy at first how it would lose contact with terminals and make pointer all wacky.

Mine got to the point where i have to put a plastic Bottle Lid in the cap piece to make the connection.

Dont get me wrong. Its a Great Pinpointer..but as mentioned above...the Battery Sitch sorta sucks..I can look inside mine and clearly see the connetions are pushed up into the housing more than they should be..I ..I just wish i could take it apart to fix that.

But will all that said...that will be the only Pinpointer i will probally ever use..

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
"Love mine but do yourself a favor, cut a little strip of cardboard out of the box and put it in the battery cap end before you even turn it on."

A clad quarter is easier and efffective as a drop in to the battery cap.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a quarter in mine....worked flawlessly ever since....

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used a pull tab. No shortage of them when I'm out hunting. Lol

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never used any other type I just went ahead and ordered the pro pointer when I got one last summer. I love mine and don't leave home without it. It's much easier than waving hands full of dirt over coil.

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got my pro pointer yesterday...put the quarter in cap already(as was suggested and I now understand what yall mean).Will prob do some detecting next year (tomorrow LOL),,im ready to try her out

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got my pro pointer yesterday...put the quarter in cap already(as was suggested and I now understand what yall mean).Will prob do some detecting next year (tomorrow LOL),,im ready to try her out
good luck and hope you have fun and find something great.

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Can not imagine EVER hunting without it again..I'm just not so good at figuring out where my Ace350 is actually telling me to dig..even with the pinpointer on the detector..that could just be, and probably is, novice user error...but...yeah will never dig without the pro pointer. I may get naother one soon as I beat this current one to death in the dirt and mud.

also just started having the battery door issues the others have mentioned...causing the false "chirping" anytime it makes impact with the ground

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My mister has one and I like it,like my Minelab pinpointer too though except it screams like a banshee whenever it's over a target.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got one for Christmas and can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the tips on the battery housing. I thought it was a very odd design when I saw it. So basically you are just trying to shim the battery down so it makes a more solid connection?

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First thing you need to do when you get it is fill out the warranty card, you're going to have to use it...

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First thing you need to do when you get it is fill out the warrantee card, you're going to have to use it...
Second thing is wrap electrical tape around the speaker to keep out water, dirt and to lower the volume for public use.

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fletch and addict for the tips,i will do that....But OMG...don't know how I ever done without the pro pointer...goodbye centec....Used it today,makes detecting life so much easier

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great tool, and great tips, I used them all to make mine work effectively in the past.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions