What's new

Probe / Detector "cross-talk" - Your opinions?

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
1,150
Reaction score
172
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Probe / Detector "cross-talk" - Your opinions?

Something I noticed and want to see what others think about it . . .

I strike a target with the metal detector.
I start digging.
I push the probe into the hole.

Then I notice, even before the probe starts to vibrate,
that there is continuous burst of static chatter coming
over the headphones as the probe gets closer to the :icon_profileleft:
hidden coin.


What is important here is that the static chatter is noticeable
even BEFORE the probe starts to give a signal. :sign13:
I can verify this, because once I start digging in the direction
where the chatter noise is loudest, the the probe goes off,
and I start zeroing in on the target.

It seems the signal from the probe may be causing interference
to the signal from the detector.
Key point is: This in effect extends the range of the probe. ???
I can tell I am getting closer to the coin by the interference
sounds in the headphone.

Anyone else notice this? What do you think? :help:
I am using a White's MXT - not sure
the phenomenon appears with other detectors.
 
Re: Probe / Detector "cross-talk" - Your opinions?

I've noticed it with my Safari by Minelab, but really never paid much attention to it. I'll make a note to check it out closer next time I am out. Monty
 
Re: Probe / Detector "cross-talk" - Your opinions?

I would think your probe is too close to the detector coil. It is electric interference from the batteries. The same kind you would get from power lines. I have an MXT and the pinpoint and depth is good enough and I never use my probe. Good luck.
 
Re: Probe / Detector "cross-talk" - Your opinions?

Nope never noticed it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom