Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting yesterday for about an hour and all was well. I got to one area and all of a sudden my detector let out a very high pitched beep. There was nothing under the coil. I have never heard such a high pitched tone from my detector before. Right after the high beep, it would let out a low groan tone and stay there. After about 15 seconds, I would get the loud high piched tone again, it would go up to the high pitch and down and then back to the low growl. When I would turn the machine off and turn it back on, I would immediately get the high pitched tone again briefly. It did that after turning it off and on several times. Could this just be an indication of a low battery or a problem with the detector? Any feedback would be appreciated. Right now, I plan on charging the battery and seeing if it makes a difference. Bryan

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Muddy Waters in NC said:
I was detecting yesterday for about an hour and all was well. I got to one area and all of a sudden my detector let out a very high pitched beep. There was nothing under the coil. I have never heard such a high pitched tone from my detector before. Right after the high beep, it would let out a low groan tone and stay there. After about 15 seconds, I would get the loud high piched tone again, it would go up to the high pitch and down and then back to the low growl. When I would turn the machine off and turn it back on, I would immediately get the high pitched tone again briefly. It did that after turning it off and on several times. Could this just be an indication of a low battery or a problem with the detector? Any feedback would be appreciated. Right now, I plan on charging the battery and seeing if it makes a difference. Bryan
I would charge the batterys or put in some new double AA batterys. or it could be you was getting some interference did you try a diffrent area i never had that happen to mine..............==Jim_K==

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice, when I get off work tomorrow morning I am going to charge the batteries and try it again. There were no powerlines that I could see around and the detector did not act as though it was interference, but rather an internal problem. If it continues after I charge the batteries, I will contact the manufacturer to see what is up. Thanks again, Bryan

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Muddy Waters in NC said:
Thanks for the advice, when I get off work tomorrow morning I am going to charge the batteries and try it again. There were no powerlines that I could see around and the detector did not act as though it was interference, but rather an internal problem. If it continues after I charge the batteries, I will contact the manufacturer to see what is up. Thanks again, Bryan
If non of those things work call them and tell them you are sending that baby back..........It is just that freight charges are high any more every time i send a detector any were it cost me $20.00 give or take but i send it UPS and insure it......................................==Jim_K==

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I never email Minelab i always call Dick Schultz..........Phone... 1-702-891-8809 Toll free 1-888-517-2066

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it was the batteries as you have said. I was reminded by a friend on finds.com that the owners manual states that you will get a high tone every 30 secs or so when batteries get low. Guess I should scan the owners manual again, I forgot what I read a year ago when I last looked at it. I put a freshly charged pack (rechargable) in yesterday and it did not make the high chirp when I turned it on anymore. Thanks everyone, Bryan

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When in doubt always reread the manual. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread