Profit Island

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi,
I'm Shane, I'm in Baton Rouge. I have collected coins for some time now and decided to try detecting in hopes of finding coins for my collection. I was told that a ship sank at the North side of Profit Island which is north of Baton Rouge in/on the Mississippi River.
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get on that island and if its legal to search there? Who knows there might be some interesting things in the sand there. Thanks for any info. Shane

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
You a lovely treasure huntin boy, you. Don't you know anyone with a boat?

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
shanegalang said:
Hi,
I'm Shane, I'm in Baton Rouge. I have collected coins for some time now and decided to try detecting in hopes of finding coins for my collection. I was told that a ship sank at the North side of Profit Island which is north of Baton Rouge in/on the Mississippi River.
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get on that island and if its legal to search there? Who knows there might be some interesting things in the sand there. Thanks for any info. Shane
Troy.......You dont have a boat? I could swim too!! Lol

Diver_Ben_0131

Greenie
Nov 4, 2007
i hear that that boat was suppose to be being moved down river or something and they were going to use it for tourist attraction ( i think it was an old sailing vessel not 100% sure)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread