Promoted our hobby today & walked away with more than I brought.

Re: Promoted our hobby today & walked away with more than I brought.

Fantastic displays AND pictures! :wink: You're a smart cookie! :thumbsup: When folks find out what it's all about, then they don't seem to mind if we dig a few holes here and there. :wink:

Super post, MM! 8)

Thanks everybody for the great comments. You guys & gals are the best. I love this hobby. :thumbsup:
My brother told me I'm always detecting now and never have time for fishing. ;D It's addicting for sure.
Thanks all,
MM

That is an amzing ton of finds you have made and its great you display them for the town and then to agree to have them in the musum. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

goldenapples said:
That is an amzing ton of finds you have made and its great you display them for the town and then to agree to have them in the musum. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks GA.
I have a lot more, but I can't believe they were all found in just a two year period. Ya gotta love it.
Maybe some day I'll figure out how to take a video like you do. ;D I love those.
-MM-

ANYtime you have the opportunity to spread goodwill and fraternize with archaeologists, TAKE IT! Well done...

MM for MAYOR :thumbsup:
Great stuff.

That is one very neat church and very good
displays.Keep up the good work. Jim.

Very Cool Post Buddy! It is always gratifying to get to show others the relics and coins that you have saved from the ground! Good job Doug! :wink:

It's folks like you that give our hobby a good name and promote it. Thank you!

silverfreak said:
MM for MAYOR :thumbsup:
Great stuff.

Thanks Bryce.
I'm sure I'd come up a bit short as mayor, plus I haven't found a good pocketwatch yet. ;D :wink:
-Doug-

Attachments

• Mayor Miner.gif
    Mayor Miner.gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,513

FisherMan_1266X said:
ANYtime you have the opportunity to spread goodwill and fraternize with archaeologists, TAKE IT! Well done...

Thanks FM.
I'm going to keep pushing on that. I would love to be a part of the relic recovery at that church.
-MM-

Thanks for the nice replies everyone. Not one of the three towns I hunt have a museum yet. Hopefully soon. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Wow---That is a beautiful display MM. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Congrats on the PR, a great post, and great pics. :thumbsup:

Ge Doug you are making the rest of us look bad. lol
Ill take two from case one. and three from case two.
Run for Mayor, Ill cast a vote for ya..
Joe
PS Good job!

That was nice of you guys.

Those are some really nice display cases to. Hope you get yourself another property to hunt.

HH Jer

Doug,
Very funny that we are doing the same thing! They are having a book signing at our local library promoting the book "Images of Westlake" Ohio. They did it a little differently. They built a fancy new library (supposedly ranked in the top 5 of the nation) and they are signing the book in front of a display case. Guess who's metal detecting finds are in the display case? :wink: ;D Yep, Nate and mine. I've got some pictures but it's been so busy here I haven't made it a priority to post..... Maybe after prom, graduation, track season, etc... ::)

Bob

Attachments

• Images of Westlake.jpg
    Images of Westlake.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,326

Mirage said:
Doug,
Very funny that we are doing the same thing! They are having a book signing at our local library promoting the book "Images of Westlake" Ohio. They did it a little differently. They built a fancy new library (supposedly ranked in the top 5 of the nation) and they are signing the book in front of a display case. Guess who's metal detecting finds are in the display case? :wink: ;D Yep, Nate and mine. I've got some pictures but it's been so busy here I haven't made it a priority to post..... Maybe after prom, graduation, track season, etc... ::)
Bob

Bob,
Very cool. Your book cover looks the same too. ;D Can't wait to see your pictures. Just blow off work one day and get them posted please. Your TN family is way more important than work you know. :wink:
I actually found you in that group of running kids too. :thumbsup: :tongue3:
Hope all is well,
MM

Attachments

• Bob the Bully.jpg
    Bob the Bully.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,264

Sounds like a nice day was had......nice displays as well

Cheers!

Dugholes :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back