What's new

proof coins

ckrakowski

Hero Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
767
Reaction score
62
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you ever found a proof coin while chring? if so what denom. and condition?if you can post a pick. as for me i have not. i was looking on ebay at the proof coins and it got me to thinking if any have been found.
 
Upvote 0
I've found close to ten in my halves. I have found one in dimes. If u rim search u will notice them. They are a very shiny copper color. The edges are very crisp and usually aren't worn down. Once in a while u will get that beat up proof coin that is hard to pick out of the lineup. What denomination of coin were u looking to buy on eBay?


-bigJ
 
Ive found 100s of them. They range from about perfect to very scratched up. Since they have been removed from their protective case they no longer bring a large premium.
 
I find them quite often. I had about a dozen a few boxes ago. Some were in really good shape but one scratch on a Proof is too many! :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
All the time. I toss them back unless they are really really nice.
 
In 3 years I bet I've found 1,000. Used to sell them on coin forums for $1 apiece then lack of interest. I give them to tellers I know like them. HH Mark
 
I've found proof halves and nickels in boxes. I keep 'em. I was wanting to assemble a set of circulated Kennedy proofs from '71-??

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
I have found a total of 3 proof coins. A cent, nickel, and a dime.
 

Attachments

  • asdfaas.webp
    asdfaas.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 304
  • asdfss.webp
    asdfss.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 293
  • rsz_dsc04102.webp
    rsz_dsc04102.webp
    28 KB · Views: 294
I've found lots of half proofs
 
I've found bunches; and save them all. Regardless of their condition, within reason, due to their very low mintages compared to their issued for circulation counterparts; I suspect they will still carry a premium. Maybe not right now, but eventually. IMHO
 
Yes nearly 1000 proof Halves. I have complete rolls of some years. Tried to keep them all but can't afford to hoard something that holds little value right now. I only keep the nicest ones now. I do have a complete set of Copper Nickle Half dollar proofs from 71 to date all found CRH. And some are in really nice condition. But once they leave their package they are impared.

Having said that. I have only found a 1/2 dozen of the silver proof Halves. And in my sporadic small change searches. I have found at least 1 proof in every coin denomination.

Mojo

Photo 1 added from November 2009 found in 1 box
Photo 2 of a silver proof and Columbian expo also found last Nov.
 

Attachments

  • PROOFS.webp
    PROOFS.webp
    94.8 KB · Views: 178
  • COL EXPO 2003 PROOF.webp
    COL EXPO 2003 PROOF.webp
    70.4 KB · Views: 191
  • PROOFS.webp
    PROOFS.webp
    94.8 KB · Views: 175
  • COL EXPO 2003 PROOF.webp
    COL EXPO 2003 PROOF.webp
    70.4 KB · Views: 177
I have found one clad half dollar, which is badly scratched!
101_0837.jpg

have found one clad dime, not to bad.
101_0755.jpg

and several nickels, this being the only one I have a pic of right now.
101_0774.jpg

also have found about 4-5 cents which go all the way from"oh you is so pretty" to"oh my god what have they done to you!"

Chuck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom