TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York

Attachments

• DSCN1886.JPG
    DSCN1886.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 323
Upvote 0
I feel ya with the snow man, here in Binghamton theres only scattered patches after that rain we had but its still cold and frozen out there.
-Jerred-

Thats a pretty deep detector you got.LOL HH

Funny, I talked myself into taking the machine out in the snow yesterday (first time out since October). Didn't go home with anything, but had a few good signals that I couldn't chip out with the heel of my boot. Next time I'm bringing something to dig with.

What I did learn is where some key parking lots are piling their snow up. Should be good concentrated hunting spots to hit with the small coil in the spring.

Those parking lots are great places to detect ...anywhere they pile the snow ....here they pile it in the park...so as soon as it melts thats where we are heading....

At least that's less trash to have to dig next time ! Good Luck in the future.

Huntin' 59er

This is WAY off the subject, but this thread reminds me of several years ago when I help my dad (a biologist) chop through the ice and frost layer here in NH to dig up earthworms to find out how deep they went in the winter and he studied their state of "hibernation" (not quite the correct term for their state, but you get the idea) Anyway, they go down about 12" and curl up, much like your pulltab... maybe they're related. :P

;D ;D ;D I know how detecated you are to the recycling program we have here in Western New york. That you would go back in the cold and snow and find that pulltab you lost this past summer while sucking down that cold one. Congrats on roughing the elements and accomplishing that task.......lol lol SEEKER ;) ;) ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back