What's new

Proper cleaning of artifacts

PrimitiveOne

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
251
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Eyeballs 2
Primary Interest:
Other
I know this may have been asked before-But what method do you use to clean your finds-some of them look like they where just knapped? Thanks
 
Upvote 0
I use an old soft toothbrush and warm water and that's it. Never use any harsh chemicals or scrub brushes on any artifacts because you can damage or remove the patina. I don't even use soap of any kind. You can clean them up very well with just warm water and a toothbrush. I even let them air dry instead of toweling them off.
 
ditto, toothbrush works well...
 
I popped them into my mouth to wash off the black midden! When I got home my wife stopped me at the door to undress, while I could hear the tub running. The arrow heads in the tub with me I would scrub them with a tooth brush and call her in for the artifact show on the edge of the tub. Two years of this is all she could take. Yes, a widow of the midden.
 
My ex wife left me over hunting.
Arifacts, Ginseng, Mushrooms, Gold, Bottles
Good riddance to her.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom