Prospector 200 Dr

Fixitdave

May 11, 2012
Hi does anyone know anything about this machine? It seems to work but only seems to only go a couple inches deep. To me it seems like a step up from a toy but not much of a step. Any info would be nice. It belongs to a friend his grandkids gave it to him for Christmas gift and he been disappointed in it's performance. It appears its just a turn on and go machine. Thanks for any help happy hunting.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Fixitdave

May 11, 2012
Forgot picture

Attachments

• 1470875376044.jpg
    1470875376044.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 415

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are correct when you say it's a step up from a toy, but not much of a step. Sorry to say, but I would not waste my time swinging that thing.

Tons of bad reviews is all I've seen on that model. You'd be better off with a detector for the 1970s or 80's than that one.

OP
OP
F

Fixitdave

May 11, 2012
That's exactly what I told the owner today when I returned it.I've got an old radio shack detector that run circles around the prospector. I thought about giving it to him but the controls are very touchy figured it would just disappoint him more from having to adjust it all the time. I also have a kid r us detector that works as well as the prospector maybe better. Hopefully I can get some spare time and some rain. That I can take him dirt fishing he really interested in the hobby but think he wants to actually find something before he invests any money in better detector. He came home from having coffee yesterday morning with about 75 pennies he picked up in parking lot he was so proud.Anyways I have rambled on enough thanks for reply and reading tale care happy hunting

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A low end machine, but perhaps he could give it to one of his younger Grand kids and he can buy an ACE 250 or a beginner Tesoro for himself. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread