What's new

Puerto Rico quarter

bourassa5

Full Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
169
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
My bank when I went in said they had 2 Porto RICO boxes which I bought, man I love my tellers, and straight to feebay they go. What do you guys think I'll get per box?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Porto RICO quarter

If they say "Porto Rico" you'll either get $2,000 per box as rare errors, or you'll get nothing as they are counterfeit.

If they say "Puerto Rico", then maybe you'll get a nice profit. They seem rare, like the pennies, and are doing well on ebay. :-)

Good luck to you on it.
 
Re: Porto RICO quarter

haha thanks i just changed that haha there really are not too many of those boxes being sold on ebay, but they do go for a good price right?
 
When I listed mine there was only one other box on there. It was going for $1000, so I listed mine for $750. Mine sold so I was happy, but the other one still sold for $1025. Money is money, I didn't care.
 
Did you get the box sold on Ebay?

HOw'd you do? ;D
 
Not a single teller at a singel one of my banks out here (AZ) has even seen the D.C. quarters yet. Not one.

Or a log cabin penny.

I think it is going to be a while.
 
i found 2 of the District of Columbia quarters yesterday.....thats a first around here and they've been out how long? seems pretty wierd they make them here but you can't get them here. also talked to a teller yesterday about the Puerto Rico quarters and she said they weren't allowed to order them before Tuesday of next week......as far as the log cabins she said she had no idea when they would be getting them or even when they are able to order them. :icon_scratch:
 
Dunno if I was lucky or what. (My record doesn't show lucky.) Out of 14 rolls I picked up 6 DC quarters, but I haven't seen any PRs.
 
I found my first PR quarter (P mint) yesterday while cashing in Pennies from CHR. After telling my parents about it my dad was able to get a roll at his bank. I wasn't with him so I don't know if they had any more. If I can find any more do you think I should buy them? Is there still a premium for them? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dave
 
uh I thought those were to be state quarter sets --- since when did -- (the district of ) washington , dc and (territory of) puerto rico become one of the "50" states ? :icon_scratch:
 
They decided to do the U.S. Territories for this year. I think they will start on national Parks next.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom